Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: September 17, 2019 03:18PM

I don't think Oaks will, but I wonder how much time will have to pass before his wacky tenure will be just a footnote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 17, 2019 03:35PM

If Oaks becomes the next do-do, then he will keep up his buddy's shtick. I agree that the one after will return mormonism to it's previous splendor.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 17, 2019 04:46PM

What more power can he have than to change any of his predecessors revelations including Nelson's! We never know.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 17, 2019 07:50PM

I have some TBM friends I visit in Utah every few months, they still slip and say mormon in conversation, and then correct themselves in akward backflips of verbal circumlocution. I think most will just slip back to normal speech within a few months.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 17, 2019 10:58PM

Nelson will quickly be forgotten once he passes on. The focus will be on the next guy. Mormon will still be used to refer to the church and it's members. The only way to get rid of it would be to do what the RLDS did. Rename the church to a shorter Christ focused name and put everything from Joseph Smith on the back burner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.