Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 09:15PM

You win if you said God (which is the same as Nelson meaning himself in my book).

Anyway, these were his words in yesterday's BYU student devotional. "Truth is truth. The arbiter of truth is God; not your favorite social news feed, not Google, and, certainly not, those that are disaffected from the church." (plus, it is well-worth going through the agony of a listen to hear Nelson's tone when he speaks the words..."and, certainly not, those that are disaffected from the church". Scum of the earth comes to mind)

So, if any of you scally-wag-good-for-nothing-disaffects thought you knew some truth, well, you've got another think-a-comin' (as my Mom used to say).

How does that sit with ya'all? Do you feel humbly chastened?, you Disaffects you. You scum.

(Isn't it fun to sit back and watch what novel, often juvenile ways, the church uses to attempt to put the Devil of Fear into today's Very-Especially-Chosen Youth if they could be entertaining one tiny idea of bolting?)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 03:17AM by presleynfactsrock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 09:30PM

presleynfactsrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyway, these were his words in yesterday's BYU
> student devotional. "Truth is truth. The arbiter
> of truth is God; not your favorite social news
> feed, not Goggle,"

Gog and Magog?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 09:32PM

> "Truth is truth. The arbiter
> of truth is God; not your
> favorite social news feed, not
> Google, and, certainly not
> those that are disaffected
> from the church."

Okay, so they can't refute the content of the CES letter, leaving them with the above generalization, plus their decree that only THEY have the truth.

This is a prime example of "...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...", along with, "...who're you gonna believe, your lying eyes, or me, your prophet?!"

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 10:17PM

I find Nelson to be the worst leader of the lds church so far in my life. I don't care what he might call me, disaffected or what. I'm just so glad to be out. I like apostate adulteress personally.

Hey Rusty, do you think we give a damn?

Date: September 19, 2019 03:31AM

His delivery of his "sermons" nauseate me.

I picture him practicing with Wendy daily (or maybe nightly with help from that mighty PenLight of his turned on) to create the desired tone, the exact emphasis on certain words, and to paste that creepy smile of his across his face at exactly the Wendy-declared-time.

Your statement, "Hey Rusty, do you think we give a damn?" sums his presence up purrfectly!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 10:25PM

Established historical facts, doctrinal contradictions, science and thinking for yourself don't mean nuthin' compared to paying attention when Rusty speaks.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 18, 2019 10:55PM

Date: September 19, 2019 12:25AM

Amen to that.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 01:52AM

Did Mr. Nelson actually say something about fax machines at the BYU devotional???

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 02:15AM

in application.

Messages such as the following are constantly pounded into the heads of impressionable Mormons:

"Learn to keep your eye on the prophet. He is the Lord’s mouthpiece and the only man who can speak for the Lord today."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-ezra-taft-benson/chapter-11-follow-the-living-prophet?lang=eng

THE ONLY MAN WHO CAN SPEAK FOR THE LORD TODAY. That would right now be Russell M. Nelson.

Another teaching of the church:

“The most important prophet, so far as we are concerned, is the one who is living in our day and age.”

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-ezra-taft-benson/chapter-11-follow-the-living-prophet?lang=eng

In reality, we know that even the Lord can't speak for the Lord today. At least, we know that he never does. For some reason, it seems that he can only speak THROUGH the Mormon prophet.

So, if we ever question whether Russell M. Nelson is telling us God's truth, you know where we have to go to get confirmation? That's right! We have to ask......Russell M. Nelson. It's like a cosmic chiasmus:

The Mormon Prophet
Thus hath spoken
We know
His words
Are
God's truth
For
God's truth
Are
His words
We know
Thus hath spoken
The Mormon Prophet

And if you don't believe that this is correct, just ask the Mormon prophet.

I wonder if that works in other areas of Rusty's life.

Rusty to Dallin:

RM: "I'm telling you, you owe me $900 for that thing."
DO: "No I don't."
RM: "God says that you do!"
DO: "Says who?"
RM: "Says God"
DO: "When?"
RM: "Right now."
DO: "Where?"
RM: "Right here."
DO: "What???"
RM: "You owe me $900 for that thing!"
DO: "Wait, you're not God. You know that, right?"
RM: "I'm speaking for God and if you don't believe me...just ask me, I'll confirm it for you."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.