Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 08:28AM

When they announced how children and gays were to be treated in 2000 what ever, was it stated as a policy or a revelation? Who was Prophet then? I took it as revelation. Was I wrong?

Fast forward to this week. It seems that this change is revelation also. So do I have it correct?

When it was first announced I thought it was at conference time and to the Church as a whole and the world. This time it was directed only at the youth. That is a major change. I guess I would like to know why? Why not to the whole church who is paying these top guys pay checks. Why college kids who are not the big money raisers to the Church?

The process, not the content does not seem right. So am I missing something? So the top 15 were on board back then. They all received warm fuzzy feelings then.Several years later they all receive warm fuzzy feelings again to reverse it. That is hard to believe. Part of me thinks Dusty Rusty is lying about this part of his talk.

So how do we tell if what Rusty says in future will stick or be changed? This is not as simple as it seems on the surface. I think there are major cracks at the top and somehow Dusty Rusty is keeping them in toe. Surely one or two of the top guys have to be angered that they agreed to something a few years ago and now Dusty Rusty changes it.

Just my thoughts on the revelation process of truth as explained at Gods university.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 09:05AM

The 2015 'change' was made known to the world when someone privy to the knowledge of the change made it known to a Facebook group. The 'revelation' (which is how Rusty seems to characterize it in the talk) came from ghawd and the facts surrounding how it was revealed tend to indicate it wasn't going to be advertised, just implemented, so kids of Gay parents wouldn't get all confused. You know, having parents who loved you and you were happy with, but then learning in church that they were cursed for practicing abominations. So ghawd commanded the apostles to keep the little buggers out by not allowing them to be baptized, for their own good!

But Rusty and the others were sad that this situation existed. "Oh please, ghawd," they wailed, "Change this rule because we are sad and so many others are sad, too!" And so earlier this year ghawd, in his infinite mercy said, "Lo, I now modify my perfect and eternal rule about baptizing kids with Gay parents, because I am tired of your wailing and carrying on!" And so it was...

Regarding the future, Rusty flat out indicates that ghawd's children have the power to change ghawd's mind. After all, ghawd has Perfect Love® for his children and is a doting parent, visiting trials and tribulations on a balanced, perfect basis and if you could see the Big Picture®, with Perfect Love®, you'd know this.

So ye of little Faith Hill, all you have to do is keep in mind that the apostles would NEVER do anything that wasn't consistent with ghawd's will and love, but if anything ghawd does turns out to be a publicity nightmare, they, the apustules will focus their laser-like attention to the matter and plead with ghawd until he realizes what a dumb shit he's been and gives into their pleading. Remember, the apustules serve man to serve ghawd, except when they are serving ghawd to serve man...

It'll all be sorted out in the Hereafter®, just harken to the word of the lord, no matter how it fluctuates.

What's that? Why did ghawd, who knows everything, institute the 2015 policy knowing that four years later he would change it? Hey, he's ghawd, so he's mysterious, and trying to apply human logic to the Heavenly mind is wrong on so many levels, but especially on the tithing level, so cut it out!

The apustules will never lie to you, and if you doubt me, just ask them. And if sometimes ghawd doesn't seem to make any sense, like the issue with the Blacks being shut out from the priesthood and temple, by mistake, for 148 years, well, that's just him being a perfect ghawd while the rest of us are imperfect humans who have to grow up with the prejudices instilled in us by loving parents who hate those who aren't like them.

Like ghawd's Facebook page says about his relationship with his children: It's complicated.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 04:17PM

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: September 19, 2019 04:38PM

>> And so earlier this year ghawd, in his infinite mercy said, "Lo, I now modify my perfect and eternal rule about baptizing kids with Gay parents, because I am tired of your wailing and carrying on!" And so it was...

No, no, this can't be true (and not because I read on a social media site either).

Gods laws can't be changed so his response must have been.....

"Rusty, you know my laws are immutable, eternal, and never changing......so feel free to "adjust' the "policy" as you see fit. Isn't that what I pay you for? Jesus! No, not you son, I was speaking metaphorically."

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 21, 2019 12:53AM

My take on Nelson's Tuesday sermon at BYU is that it was aimed purposely and specifically at this age group of college students (he even gave advance notice that he had a special message just for them, you know telling them to get their arsses in them thar seats).

In my opinion, the talk's main and only purpose was to get those thinking, caring students sitting before him, to be on his side and also, all others who might hear his message. He knew that there was way too much unrest and jumping off the Ship Zion as a result of BOTH of the LGBT revelations, and that the youth had especially been affected. Nelson had boxed himself into a dire corner. His church was not doing so hot! Members were leaving in droves,questioning, thinking and, oh my god, doubting!

So, his fix was to declare that the God of Love changed that first revelation of November, 2015 (a revelation that came, by the way, only after it had been leaked to the public after the church tried to sneak it in the dead of night into the Handbook), but the change happened, he declared, ONLY AFTER he, Nelson, with the help of his apostles, pleaded long and hard for oh so long, with this God to make a change. Very long, very hard, and very persistently is what he said. They were the ones who got the message to God that he God, had, well goofed. (my words and yest, somebody had goofed alright)

Nelson delivered this message at BYU by craftily weaving and enclosing this message into his Five Truths' Sermon, using the five truths to lay out that obedient, CK-seeking-members would follow the truths he presented.

There was way too much hurt resulting from the LGBT revelations and, there was most assuredly, a gigantic and far-reaching reaction from the caring, social youth. Why? Because it did not make sense to them that a Loving God would ever treat any of his children in this manner. MANY left the church in disgust, many were hurt, and far too many took their own lives. This questioning, this unrest, continued in earnest for the 3 and a half years it took for a new "revelation",which was delivered by whom?....Nelson, the Emperor with No Clothes, and it still continues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2019 01:03AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: September 21, 2019 07:13AM

The story keeps changing. Revelation or policy or wild hair somewhere?

Tell the TRUTH and you don't have problems remembering which story you told when.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.