Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren jeffs ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 10:48AM

There was a time when Mormons would have scoffed at women being allowed to officiate over temple ordinances.They would have scoffed at a 2 hour church service for Sunday.Many Mormons also lauded the home teaching system and said no other church on earth assigns two good members to visit members once a month.Now it is gone.

Has this confused temporary Mormons?Will future Mormons deny these changes took place?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 01:12PM

Home teaching / Home teachers have been supplanted by Smartspeakers supplied by ChurchCo disguised as Alexa & others; missionaries will be providing them with their 'fellowship' visits; this will be rolled out as soon as the ChurchCo supply chain is ready...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 01:17PM

What is a "temporary mormon" ?

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 01:35PM

I think he was meaning contemporary Mormons, meaning today’s Mormons as opposed to former Mormons or future Mormons.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 02:03PM

I like the term "temporary Mormons".

The entire Mormon church is temporary. The rules, the temple rituals, the WOW, the Book of Abraham, Lamanites being Jewish, Mormon history, various versions of JS's first vision, the Golden plates (which were taken back up into heaven), etc.

Mormon relationships are temporary. Fake fellowship friendships, missionaries assigned briefly before moving on, temporary HT's and VT's, temporary bishoprics and other callings, relationships contingent on your callings and church attendance; temporary families until a child refuses to go on a mission, a spouse leaves the cult, or someone comes out of the closet.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 09:44PM

I also like the term Temporary Mormon as it is ironic and gleeful in the way it describes today's Mormonism, you know the Mormonism that is the one which ADAMANTLY points to gripping that Iron Rod in order to cling to the Firm Foundation of God's One True Very
Solid Church.

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 07:09PM

A convert.

Date: October 04, 2019 01:20PM

myself, I prefer women's ROLLs, but biscuits are also allowable..

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:41PM

Then I checked the username. You roll with the best of them, GNPE!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 02:08PM

She wouldn't tell me anyway. She'd tell her dad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 02:09PM by cl2.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 02:52PM

Today a square is most righteous because Nelson says so.

In a few years, Bednar will declare the triangle to be the greatest.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 02:05PM

The TBM women I know are pretty indoctrinated, so they'll just eat it up and say that it's a revelation.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 02:29PM

Yes, there is definitely cognitive dissonance, with the question as to why the MorGod favors men over women. There always has been, starting with polygamy; there is now, with women's rights and single and divorced women, and working mothers, and women as the head of the household, and gay women, etc.

The Mormon cult tries to reduce this major religious flaw into minor, petty things, such as whether women should be allowed to wear pants, or wear double piercings, or how long their skirt should be, or how low their neckline, or whether their wedding dresses have long enough sleeves, and other unimportant details. It's like Mormon sleight-of-hand: distract the wimmin-folk with little details. In my experience, Mormons are still blaming the women for encouraging rapes, blaming them for divorces, and saying that abused women deserve to be abused.

Mormonism was founded as a good ol' boys' cult, and forever it shall be.

This is one--and maybe the only--principle of Mormonism that will never change.

Date: October 05, 2019 02:32PM

MWK-

why are you shading your feelings about this?

Date: October 06, 2019 08:58PM

MWK-

I'm curious---

Do you think that men would abide such trivial, minute controls of their choices as you mentioned?

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 07:19PM

It's I was talking with my 86 year old mother the other day, "hey mom, I hear the wimmin's can officiate in temple ordinances now...that's amazing that Jesus told Russell M. that recently..maybe Jesus is lightening up toward the wimmin's folk..maybe within 10 year the wimmin's will be giving blessings and stuff?"

She adamantly replied, "Absolutely not..yes women can officiate now, but they will NEVER give blessings..they don't even speak in General Conference."

I said, "Uh momsy..you're wrong..they do speak in GC and wimmin's roles are a chaning per Jesus."

I bet her a Big Mac that she was wrong about GC, and she was, and I have not yet extolled my excitement.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 08:37PM

My Mom went to the stake center and was there for the explanation during the women's conference. It sailed right over her head because she didn't even catch it. Her only reaction was that it was good that Nelson is making changes.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:36PM

If I were a devout mormon Male, watching the Dodgers in the post-season, and I got a call to go give someone in need a blessing, I would love

Date: October 06, 2019 11:07PM

???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.