Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 02:53PM

I'm technically still a member. I hate to see the temple so I'm thinking about starting a group called MADD - Mormons Against Dead Dunking.

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 06:31PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 02:55PM

I'll forgive you your senior moments if you forgive mine!

Date: October 07, 2019 03:02PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 06:31PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 11:37PM

I get this is a joke, but its really not in good taste. We all know MADD stands for Mothers Against Drunk Driving. It is comprised of parents who have children that were killed by drunk drivers- think about that for a moment. I am embarrased to admit I have in my past been convicted of a dui. Part of my penance was to attend a MADD panel. I listened to a father who lost a daughter. I felt remorse that I did not think was possible. In my opinion, this is not something to joke about or trivialize.

Date: October 08, 2019 01:04PM

I would whole heartedly agree with you if this could be construed as making fun of Mothers Against Drunk Drivers. It isn't.

I'm seriously mad about dead dunking. No, it isn't life threatening - just soul killing.

But I it is also a playing with acronyms. I'm sorry that upset you. I do think it is funny.

My children have grown up in the era of baptizing dead people monthly and getting home late after driving on the highway.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 04:07PM

I have been looking for this thread- I wanted to circle back and say its not the federal case I made it sound to be. It is a pretty clever acronym, I give you that.

Date: October 10, 2019 04:33PM

Sorry it hit a nerve and glad no permanent damage was done!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 12:05AM

Nice recovery, ElderVery!

Aaron: Very enlightened jurisdiction (or court, judge, or magistrate) you were in. Call it penance, I'll call it enlightenment.

And, as confession is good for the soul, I had a DUI also, but I was too young and alcoholic to make serious sense of it all. I kept drinking--and driving--for several more years. I praise God (seriously) that I never had another DUI accident. He was watching out for a lot of (other) people.

Date: October 08, 2019 01:00PM

I'm glad you made it back to the other side of risking yours and other people's lives!

I admit I have driven drunk. I don't drink much any more - 2 is my limit and I give myself plenty of time to metabolize.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 01:03PM

DAMM .... Drunks against mad mothers

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 12:54PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.