Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:39AM

Because Utah SUCKS! LOL

Just a little humor, I really think Utah is a beautiful state.

In continuation of my thread "my brother rebuked me", I came home from work tonight, and my wife had invited in another set of Elders! They claimed it had nothing to do with the previous Elders that were in my home. I was straight home from work and sober as a judge. I sat down with them, I didn't get into specifics, but I let them know I didn't appreciate the last two Elders ratting me out to the Sunday morning gossip club in the bishop's office. I told them all the cookies and jello won't change my mind. Also, I told them that the church forbids me to ask certain questions in church so I don't go. I confirmed to them they are welcome to come over, but what is said in my house stays in my house.

They ended up inviting my daughters to the wednesday night youth activity. I said that I don't mind my kids going to church or talking to the church members about religion, because I encourage my kids to question and learn from all things. Just pass on the kool aid. Seriously, my daughters are just too smart for that garbage. Their catholic friend who was fanatic is now going through her faith crisis. Her mother wants to talk to my wife. I said to my wife, careful, I feel some finger pointing coming on. LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 03:28AM

Nebraska blows??

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 04:06AM

It's both.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 03:35AM

so, this is a rhetorical question, not about weather, weather patterns, or high & low-pressure areas or wind vortexes; OK!

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 11:07AM

It's a rip-off from the old joke in Texas, aimed at their nemesis above them;
"Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico? Because Oklahoma sucks".

Date: October 09, 2019 06:01PM

Then where did the following joke originate?

How do you find Texas?

Drive south until you smell it, then go due east until you step in it.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 11:14AM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 11:22AM

I lived in wyoming and it was the windiest place I have ever lived. Going outside was like riding in the back of a pickup truck traveling on I-25 at 80 miles per hour.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 03:51PM

I still live here, and it hasn't changed.

How can you tell the wind stopped blowing in Wyoming? All the cows fall down.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 11:43AM

Its not windy, its tuezdy.

Its not tuezdy, its thurzdy.

Thurzdy? Me too, lets have a drink.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 12:24PM

I don't know, but I remember getting off my mission and traveling to YBU w/ my new bride in a Honda Accord - we thought we wondered if we would make it that . Never seen wind like that except at General Conference from those old windbags.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:33PM

Date: October 09, 2019 05:59PM

Many times I have made that suicidal trek from Denver to SLC through I-80 in the dead of winter. You can't see past your windshield wipers in a whiteout. Arlington Pass, Elk Mountain, eeewwwww I can feel the chill already, it hurts burrrrrrrr! I am not looking forward to winter.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 07:48PM

and I came back to Utah once a month. Once you are in the midst of those storms, there is no turning back. No lines on the roads, everyone just kind of creeping along. A semi almost jack-knifed in front of me and I saw several that had and were off the road. I saw a highway patrolman off the road. It took FOREVER to get there. I don't think I've ever been so afraid while driving than then.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:40PM

Moses Lake WA is home to many Mormons, it has a rep for being one of the windiest places in WA, perhaps the PNW; IDK why.

There are many 'wind farms' close by.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.