Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 01:41PM

Maricopa County AZ assessor arrested for adoption fraud scheme. The only thing I want to know; is he a member of a church that wants people to have kids (or buy them) so they can increase the membership roles.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/dps-raids-home-of-maricopa-county-assessor-paul-d-petersen

I don't know anything about this guy but he looks very mormon.

I'm in kind of pissy mood today

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:17PM

They were following the news conference and then split to the news and I'm like, "WHAT!!!" I wanted to hear what he was saying. This guy does look mormon.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:24PM

Pretty sure he is LDS. I know an LDS couple who adopted through him. The whole thing seemed a little sketchy to me at the time. I guess it was.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 04:20PM

He is mormon:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2018/12/03/maricopa-county-assessor-paul-petersen-reportedly-involved-questionable-adoptions-marshall-islands/2194133002/

From the linked article: "Petersen, who is Mormon, served his mission as a young man in the Marshall Islands and learned to speak the language."

Date: October 09, 2019 04:37PM

This is one of the worst things I've seen that a mormon has done.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this subject!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2019 06:34PM by cl2.

Date: October 09, 2019 07:49PM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 09:42PM

What a sad Mormon scam. Can you imagine what people who used his adoption service are feeling?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 10:29PM

Worth the read: https://www.civilbeat.org/2018/11/marshallese-adoptions-fuel-a-lucrative-practice-for-some-lawyers/

What you'll find out is that the defendant was recruited while in college after his mission to the Marshall Islands to be a 'fixer' in the long time lucrative business of Marshallese adoptions.

He was put up on a sleazy career horse and has been riding it ever since. He and the other adoption attorneys have been taking advantage of an existing condition to fill a need that the conventional adoption practices have created.

I looked at his website and there are plenty of clients who love him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.