Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 11:02PM

Some of us may have paid tithing long after we had doubts or misgivings about the church. Some of us may have baptized people who morphed into TBMs that will not leave the church.

So here's mine. I started a church branch in the area where I was serving as a missionary. The membership grew and a church building was constructed after years of using free rooms in school buildings and empty civic buildings. Later, the branch became a ward and the branch building was remodelled into a standard sized meetinghouse. -sigh-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 11:02PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: October 11, 2019 06:04PM

Ooh good question!

I introduced my brother to the mormon church. He served a mission in Scotland, was the AP there and baptised people; although I’ve no idea if they stayed in the church or not. He married a mormon and his three children are mormon of course. It’s difficult for me to know how I feel about this because his wife is so obviously right for him. And his children are gorgeous in every way.

I helped brainwash kids in primary for years. Hopefully I was as bad a teacher as I felt.

I wonder if we should “repent” and try to damage the church in order to make up for it? I hadn’t thought of restitution before. One day I will probably write a book.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.