Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 01:02AM

Looks like you gave it a lot of thought. The church isn’t for everybody but I know some people in it who are happy. They choose to be there.

We talk about scams but most everything is a scam or a psyop today. Even the money we use is a psyop. It’s backed by nothing of value but people believe it’s worth accepting in trades so it works.

I see the church the same way. It’s true if you believe it. It’s just another psychological illusion. If taking the Mormon blue pill makes you happy then that’s your choice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 05:19AM

But yeah, it is like being in the matrix. It’s fake happiness devoid of the truth.

The Mormons who are happy might not choose to be there if their eyes were opened to the truth. They’re not exactly choosing to stay there, because they’ve been deceived and they’re being controlled.

I think a lot of people who discover the truth of it can’t just take another blue pill and forget what they know. It’s not like any other scam because this particular scam controls every aspect of their lives: behaviour, information, thoughts and emotions.

This is evil.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 10:01AM

Mormonism proved to me that I could believe ANYTHING and God would be okay with it. That’s a good mind hack to know.

I’ve noticed that organized religion is more for extroverts. Introverts can carry their churches around inside their heads.

If subjective truth works in Mormonism, it should work anywhere. So make up whatever beliefs works for you.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 07:17AM

“Anything” within the limits of good taste, which rules out quite a bit. Real data goes a long way.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 11:23AM

I had to look up "psyop." Always some new term to catch up on. This one is valuable and I couldn't agree more with your post.

The term that made me lose faith in most of humanity is when I first heard the term "My truth" in place of the truth or just plain truth.

I was like, "How can truth be truth if you've customized it?"

The had gone and made a whore out of truth! So now everybody has their truth which makes truth useless and meaningless.

You could posit a provable tested fact and a person would counter that with Their Truth.

I won't discuss anything anymore with someone who has honed their truth to support their fantasy.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 08:07AM

"I won't discuss anything anymore with someone who has honed their truth to support their fantasy." ...
I will not waste my time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.