Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 02:17AM

Corrected mistakes make a good lesson for the future, uncorrected mistakes Don't.

thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 11:11AM

This quote fits me and my adventures in Mormonism. Even though I wasted a lot of time and money, I've learned many lessons for a better future.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 11:21AM

Don’t put that in your mouth, you don’t know where it’s been.

I found out where Mormonism had been. I wasn’t sucking on a Fudgesickle.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 12:20PM

haha. Too good. I don't know how it could be put better than that.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 11:39AM

It's nice to learn from your own mistakes. You can learn from the mistakes of others of course, but the lesson doesn't carry the same weight.

That which I learned the most from and changed me for the better is that which I regret the most and causes a twinge of pain at times. Depth usually carries scars.

Your post reminds me how much we all need to see who we are today and not who we have been. Forgiveness is a healing quality and has nothing to do with religion. It is a jewel of mankind.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 11:53AM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Forgiveness is a healing quality and has nothing
> to do with religion. It is a jewel of mankind.

D&D: your whole post was a treasure, but the above portion just make it into my saved collection, thanks much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2019 12:26PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 05:03PM

> That which I learned the most from and changed me
> for the better is that which I regret the most and
> causes a twinge of pain at times. Depth usually
> carries scars.

Profound.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 01:49PM

Unfortunately, its specialty in each particular instance is teaching you exactly what you needed to know BEFORE you had that particular experience.

"Like, wow! That was such a learning experience. I don't think I will ever try to run faster than a speeding train again...especially while running inside the tracks."

It's not so much help with other stuff, unless you're in a situation where you find yourself in nearly identical situations over and over and over (like Groundhog Day).

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 05:01PM

"Corrected mistakes make a good lesson for the future, uncorrected mistakes Don't."

I don't like the message. The emphasis is on correcting the mistake (not always possible), not learning from it.

The great thing about most mistakes is that they CAN'T be corrected. That is why a mistake is such a great learning tool. If a mistake could easily be corrected there wouldn't be a lesson learned to help us in the future. We learn from making mistakes, not so much by correcting them.

For example, if I wash a wool sweater in hot water and it shrinks, I can't un-shrink the sweater but I will remember to never again wash a wool sweater in hot water. I can't correct my mistake but I can learn from it.

Mistakes are important for learning and growing. LDS Inc. likes to condemn and punish. They emphasize correcting, not learning. LDS Inc. is not a kind and loving church.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 12, 2019 05:54PM

If it were kind and loving, it wouldn’t be a worldwide church.

When have you ever not been worthy of God’s love? How about never? But that doesn’t sell. Unconditional love doesn’t work in the Mormon world. Because then what would you need the church for?

Charlatans from day one. They love the lies they profess even while quoting scripture condemning the same. You can’t make this stuff up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.