Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: October 14, 2019 11:49AM

We have seen the Bakery case where a cake was not baked for a Gay wedding and a lawsuit was filed.

Much todo about Freedom of Religion in choosing which customers one won't serve because what they want or who they are is against the religious beliefs of the one offended.

Can those who follow Islam refuse business with Jews?

We see world championships and Olympic events where Muslims forfeit rather than compete against a Jewish competitor.

Is this "freedom of religion" what we are coming to in business?

I know some LDS types who will not do any business with excommunicated former members. One who had to move out of a Northern Utah community as his business failed when the StPrez told members "do not patronize his shop" after an excommunication.

Freedom of Religion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 14, 2019 12:21PM

We need freedom FROM religion laws !

Posted by: CaptainKlutz NLI ( )
Date: October 14, 2019 01:32PM

R-Amen to that. Unfortunately the evangelicals will never let that by them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2019 08:05PM

What good is having a religion if you can't use it to make a point?

Remember that time in 2023, I think it was in the Spring, after a particularly hard winter, when it almost snowed, and that kid came down with 'cross-dressing' syndrome and his parents were so upset, they became literally affronted!

So they talked to their preacher and then it worked out to where the members of their church stoned the kid to death, but they let him wear his favorite gingham culottes, the ones with the green patch pockets, on a field of light verge, but drew the line on the cropped lime V-neck t-shirt, because they thought it would clash with the color of young blood.

Oh, yeah, totally for sure, there was a huge outcry on both coasts, but since this happened in Arkansas, and the city police and county sheriff's deputies were all in on it, nothing happened on the local or state level.

Uh-huh, the Feds tried to drum up a case, but on the advice of counsel, the parents wouldn't answer any questions, besides their name, address and social security numbers, and not a soul who'd been present would testify, which was a given since they all participated.

88 Lumber and a local block factory donated broken cinder block, #8 gravel (the size of an egg), which were real favorites they really did a lot of damage.

The Feds know that there are a lot of videos out there, and the word is that some of them rose to the level of quasi-professional, what with the 4K close-ups of brick and cinder block striking young skin/flesh. It's thought that these videos are shown to anyone, man or woman, child or old folk, who let the devil take hold in them.

The press, the media on the coasts were filled with reports of the anguish experienced by caring individuals at the thought of what the young man suffered, along with ever so many theories about how such an event could take place in a civilized country. But since there were no photos, no video, no one really took notice. There wasn't even an autopsy report and there is no record indicating where, or even if, the body was buried.

The family's preacher did respond on one occasion but wouldn't allow audio or video recording. Here's what the reporter SAYS the preacher said:

"We don't know no nothing 'bout not punishing sinners who are going to hell anyways, 'cause Jesus took a strap to the sinners in the temple, din-he? He like to beat this one Samaritan to an inch of him bein' dead, and that's like a lesson, just like preaching to the choir, an' such! Now you get on out a here, 'for I get my 'beat-the-sinner-with-a-stick stick, you hear?!"

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 15, 2019 08:48PM

Take a bow, my friend.

Angels everywhere are applauding.

Well not the Mormon ones. And, uh, not the evangelical ones, and uh, not the . . . Oh well. Luckily they are all dead.

But the saucie angel is I am sure and all the other ones too who hang out here on this cloud. I am though I have to fake being an angel. That was a parable Jesus would have loved to have taken for a ride if he were as clever as you.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 15, 2019 08:47PM

WillieBoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can those who follow Islam refuse business with
> Jews?

In the USA for sure, Jews cannot refuse to bake cakes, etc., for Muslims (and, for the most part, Jews and Muslims in the USA, and in Israel more broadly, live peacefully, and cooperatively with each other).

> We see world championships and Olympic events
> where Muslims forfeit rather than compete against
> a Jewish competitor.

I think you are conflating "Jewish" with "Israeli" here--and these two things are not necessary congruent. In world championships and Olympic events, I think any boycotts would be targeting Israel, and Israeli political/geographic issues, rather than individual Jews of disparate nationalities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2019 08:49PM by Tevai.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.