Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA Man ( )
Date: October 19, 2019 08:57PM

The homophobic cult is at it again!!!...

Here they go standing up for the destruction of LGBT youth (often by suicide) by means of the laughingly ineffective and proven-devastating conversion therapy... BARF!

Will the HATRED of the LGBT community at the hands of the Mormon Cult ever end!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/mormon-church-speaks-out-against-lgbtq-conversion-therapy-ban-n1067491

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 19, 2019 09:08PM

We should hang up our (bone) spurs and go home.

There is no way we can inflict as much harm on Mormonism and its reputation as the Q15 do all on their own.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 01:04PM

Mormons gonna Morm. You can't be holier-than-thou without someone to hate.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 08:38PM

This attitude was one of the shelf-breakers for me. One of my dearest friends, going back to college days, is a gay guy, who was (and remains) the most brilliant linguist I know.

After getting over my own disappointment that this brilliant, gifted guy was "not on the market," so to speak, I decided that friendship was more important, and we have remained friends for over half a century.

This friendship made me see gays in a different light. I had been taught that gays were "bad." But my friend wasn't "bad." It really was that simple.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 08:49PM

This was a big thing for me too Catnip. As a kid I knew people who were gay, black, Hispanic, Jewish, Muslim and SINNERS. They were all great people who lived good lives and were good to me. The thing that stood out to me was the nasty ways mormons treated them and talked about them behind their backs. I think part of the reason LDSInc keeps pushing this outdated BS is that it can bring people together when they have someone/something to "fight" against.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.