Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 02:13PM

I didn’t even know what gay was ,when I was 8 or 9.
She is in the entertainment business, so probably had it explained to her, and then , of course, the church.
I wonder if I was born later, people would think that of me.
I’ve always loved sports. My dad took me to a lot of high school football games, hockey and baseball.
Later on, college games, ACC mainly.
I hated dolls and Barbie dolls. I loved sweatshirts with sports team. I’ve always hated flowers. I played baseball, basket ball and flag football, without the flag.
I had more guy friends than girl friends,
That was probably because our neighborhood had mainly boys.
I didn’t even liked guys that way until I was in my early 20s, just before I became a church member.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 02:25PM

I remember hearing the term homosexual in jokes but had no idea what it meant nor did I care. I remember some kid in the swimming pool asked if I was gay. I had no idea what he was getting at.

I think I finally understood what gay was when there were two dudes kissing in San Francisco and my dad quipped,”we are in the Gay Bay”. We had relatives that lived in San Francisco and would go visit every summer. My brother was going to Stanford at the time. It still had it’s dignified areas. I can remember you still had to dress up when you went to certain places downtown but the Castro and Haight were more liberal. In the late 70’s the SF gay thing was more in the open and of course all the gay SF jokes.

I think most kids are kids. I don’t know why but I made up a dirty poem in second grade. The girl next to me read it and gave it to the teacher. The next thing I know I’m being dragged down to the principal’s office and mom is in her way. I got sent home. My mom is drilling me on who told me such dirty things. She wanted to know who the pervert was. I said I made it all up myself which was the truth. I had no idea people really sucked dicks and licked assholes for real. That’s when I learned adults were really sick people. I just made up a bunch of disgusting crap. The adults were really doing it and then what else are they up to? I didn’t want to know.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 02:13PM

Donny said their dad set the basement of the house up like a barracks. They had footlockers and bunk beds and he drilled them like a drill sergeant. He said it was almost abusive. Dad wanted The Osmonds to be a top notch act and he was a taskmaster.

I wonder if the father was abusing Marie. It sounded like the guy had issues.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 03:28PM

"...might have been..."

Did she convert?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 11:46PM

Posted by: Katie ML ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 03:45PM

I'm basically the same age as Marie. Back then Gay had a whole different meaning. The word gay meant happy.

I truly doubt Marie would have known what being homosexual meant at that age. She is just making conversation on THE TALK.

She also mentioned that her brother Jay's first wife was over 20 years younger than him. Another un-truth. Kandi was 11 years younger. If she was 20 years younger than Jay - she wouldn't be old enough to have kids in their early 30's now. Think Marie - think!

Date: October 22, 2019 04:11PM

Katie ML Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think Marie - think!

She does better singing than thinking.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 04:05PM

And I know, I was there for some of it.

She's always making statements that bear no resemblance to truth. One that sticks out in my mind is her admitting to having breast reduction ceremony at some point when she was younger (no real evidence of this taking place when she said it did). Furthermore she made the statement when it was verz obvious that she recently had had them enlarged.

Posted by: Ramie ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 04:57PM

I reserve judgment on this. It is common for women who have been abused by men (or vice versa) to be repulsed by them. You can't consider that the innate orientation of such a person, since their sexuality was warped at an early age. It is difficult for such people to have a loving relationship with anyone.

Date: October 22, 2019 05:42PM

Ramie Wrote:
> It is
> difficult for such people to have a loving
> relationship with anyone.

I find this assertion patently false in my own case. Other self identity problems and borderline personality tendencies for sure but difficulty in loving relationships is a huge broad brush.

Just call us damaged goods.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 05:53PM

How about the concept that people who aren't 'Damaged Goods', compared to the rest of the world, ARE damaged goods compared to the rest of the world?

Who gets through life untouched, unblemished?

Date: October 22, 2019 05:59PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Who gets through life untouched, unblemished?

Ace's high?

https://acestoohigh.com/got-your-ace-score/

Mine is way higher than my wife and kids.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 06:00PM

How about if we restate the idea? Something like:

"It is, on average, more difficult for such people to have a loving relationship with anyone."

That is true, isn't it? A person who is abused by authority figures and not protected by people who should be protectors will have somewhat more trouble learning to trust and love later in life. There is great variability around that generalization, with some people suffering little trouble and others experiencing extreme difficulty, but I'd bet that by such measures as divorce, substance abuse, psychological illness, etc., there is on average a significant cost associated with abuse.

Reasonable?

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 05:14PM

But I have no doubt that she was confused about a whole lot of things.

Strongly identifying as Mormon, but working in a business where being a Mormon was mostly a joke. Feeling like she had no choice but to get married in the temple with a "worthy" priesthood holder, but probably actually being very attracted to some of the very talented and glamorous non-Mormon men she worked with closely in the business. (Andy Gibb comes to mind in particular.)

All of her instincts most likely made her feel like her true peers were other famous entertainers and "marrying up" would mean marrying someone richer and more famous than her. But, sadly, there were no "worthy priesthood holders" to be had in that class of people. So she settled and probably felt like (and he probably had a complex that) she "married down" when she married her sort-of, semi-famous Mormon mate.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 05:36PM

Somehow "Marie, you may be a star, but I have the Priesthood!" doesn't come across as much of a dramatic, much less powerful, statement.

Posted by: dorothynli ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 05:52PM

My mother and both of my grandmothers married "worthy priesthood holders" rather than men who were their intellectual equals.

The Mormon church, with their parts is parts philosophy, sure does mess up a lot of lives.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 09:38PM

this is hott ~

thanks OPie ~

ziller hab weird bonar now ~

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 11:15PM

I'm glad you hab bonar now. Could you please let him go, or at least give him access to your laptop, so he can post here again?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 22, 2019 11:25PM

brb ~ ¿ wut about Donnie ? ~

( no homo) ~

Date: October 22, 2019 11:49PM

AHEM

Date: October 22, 2019 11:49PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.