Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 01:52PM

...counsel ANYONE against the so-called "evils" of the outside world.

How can ANY of these arrogant geriatric blow-hards have ANY credibility in exclaiming that the sky is falling.

Just sayin'...

Or so it seems to me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 01:58PM

I agree with your analysis. It's mind boggling to think they know diddly about anything.

I felt a similar dissonance as a missionary when a 19 year old elder district leader had to interview my investigator prior to baptism. Like such a novice would know anything about life~ unhealthy relationships, abuse and counseling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 01:59PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 03:52PM

All they have to know is the name of Jesus Christ.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 03:39PM

However in their non-religious fields of endeavor some of them were brilliant. Maybe that is what led to their arrogance?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 06:19PM

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 08:59PM

I think we are missing the Lord in this. Who needs to know anything when the Lord is on your side? :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 09:06PM

Has an adult convert recently been selected as a GA or 15?

I doubt it.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 09:09PM

I'm afraid they maybe spending a little too much time in front of the tv, sitting in their swanky condos downtown, collecting that $120,000 paycheck. Or perhaps they are out on the golf course everyday. They don't bother "counselling" anyone they are too busy for that. All the work has been delegated.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 10:46PM

That’s the best thing they could do for the church. Just make an appearance at GC. Taking any initiative risks embarrassment for the church.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 08:18AM

It is amazing how living in a bubble can affect people. There is research that shows isolation, either virtual or real, can start to change people's behaviors and beliefs quite rapidly. The upper leadership of the church live in a virtual bubble, surrounded by people who literally worship them as prophets, seers, and revalators. They are viewed and treated by those around them as infallible and as speaking for a God. Some of them have been living in that bubble for decades. So there is no question that the world view of the Q15 is quite skewed, and I believe that many of them really do think they are God's representatives here on earth, even if they know the real history of the church and Joseph Smith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 08:19AM by alsd.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.