Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 11:58AM

My personal friend, former national director of the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith Abraham Foxman, explained during his tenure as head of the ADL what must be done to stop the ghoulish Mormon practice of necro-baptizing Jews, along only with other non-Mormons, as well:

1) desist from further necro-dunking of Holocaust Jewish victims; and

2) abandon the Mormon doctrine of necro-dunking altogether.

Below are examples of the news reporting that served notice on Mormon Church authorities that it was long past due to stop this abominable practice:

"Abraham Foxman, the Anti-Defamation League’s National Director and a Holocaust survivor, explained in a statement why it’s important to stop the practice, USA Today reported. 'Holocaust victims died precisely because they were Jewish,' he said. 'Listing Jews as 'Christian’ on one of the most researched genealogical sites in the world inadvertently aids and abets denial of the Holocaust.'”

(“Mormon Church Leaders Apologize for Baptizing Jewish Dead,” by Samantha Stainburn, Global Post, February 15, 2012)

"'A lot more needs to be done by the LDS Church to educate its membership about its policy prohibiting names of Holocaust victims to be offered for posthumous baptism,' Foxman continued. 'Perhaps the ultimate solution would be for the church to revisit its theological position on posthumously baptizing Jews and believers outside the (LDS) Church, just as other religions have reconsidered centuries-old beliefs.'"

(“Mormon Church Apologizes for Jewish Baptisms for the Dead,” by Joseph Walker, “Deseret News,” 15 February 2012)

"'Holocaust victims’ only crime was that they were Jews. Now [the Church] is basically killing them again by eliminating their Jewishness,' said Anti-Defamation League director Abraham Foxman, who also was part of an interfaith coalition to address the subject. He likens the situation to earlier quarrels between Jews and the Catholic Church over Jewish legitimacy, and says that, like the Catholics, the Mormons will come around and work to smooth their relationship with Jews.

“'It’s important for them to know that we’re watching,' he said. 'That’s how you keep people honest.'

“ . . . Foxman . . . agree[s] that the Church knows what it is doing, and that any efficacious solution must come from education and messaging within the church.”

(“Mormons Still Baptizing Dead Jews Despite Agreements to End Practice,” by Allison Yarrow, in “Daily Beast,” 15 February 2012)

At that point, now the news was really out about the Mormon necro work being done on, at the expense of, Jews systematically murdered during the Holocaust. Appropriate contact was made with Jewish leaders at important levels who were put in possession of more critical working information and were then in a position to act as,and when, they saw fit.

As I indicated would be the intent, the issues were laid out in detail to Foxman in a returned-call personal phone conversation, which proceeded along the following lines:

--The Mormon Church, through its necro work, was not only offensively doing post-mortem baptisms for Jewish Holocaust victims. it was also s:

--Confirming dead Jewish Holocaust victims as members of the Mormon Church;

--Sealing dead Jewish Holocaust victims, in various Mormon temple rituals, to the Mormon church and to Mormon members themselves through secret oaths of allegiance and handshakes engaged in by proxy temple workers dressed in Masonic costumes;

--Performing proxy necro ceremonies for dead Jewish Holocaust victims, the details of which the Mormon Church does not talk about.

--Invading the tribes of ancient Israel to which these dead Jewish Holocaust victims belong (through patriarchal blessings pronounced on Mormon Church members where Mormons are notified of the ancient tribe of Israel to which they themselves are attached); with this being done by Mormons by "adopting" themselves, through covenant, into the Jewish bloodline; and then

--Extinguishing the very Jewish identity of dead Holocaust Jewish victims by transforming these Nazi-slaughtered Jews, who died for their faith, into Mormons.

Other points covered:

--Information was relayed that (despite Mormon Church claims that it cannot effectively control local Church members who are necro-dunking dead Holocaust Jewish victims), the Mormon Church was definitely able to see and review the extracted names of dead Jewish Holocaust victims whose names have been submitted for--and ultimately processed through--its necro-dunking rituals.

--Explanation was given that the Mormon Church had belatedly taken action against Church members involved in the dead-dunking of Simon Wiesenthal's parents because the Mormon Church has been seriously and publicly embarrassed by the episode--although the Mormon Church has known for years that dead Jewish Holocaust victims have continued to be necro-dunked,

--Reference was provided to public news reports exhibiting screenprints of Mormon Church computer records showing the names, the dead-dunking dates, the dead-dunked membership confirmations and notices of completion of necro work done on dead Jews who have been processed into Mormon membership ranks via LDS proxy rituals.

--Emphasis was placed on how the Mormon Church had serious financial incentive to continue performing its dead-dunking rituals, due to the fact that Mormons who wish to be "families forever" pay a required temple entrance fee of 10% of their income to attend and work in Mormon temples for not only the dead, but for their own personal salvation.

--Note was made that Mormons fervently do necro-dunking for dead Jewish Holocaust victims because they believe that dead Jewish Holocaust victims are anxiously waiting to have it done for them.

--The point was accentuated that Mormon necro-work is what keeps Mormon temples operating and, indeed, if it was not for that necro work (which comprises the vast majority of what Mormons busy themselves with doing in their temples), there would be very little for Mormons to do in temples.

--Explanation was offered as to how the Mormon Church builds temples in carefully demographically-analyzed areas, where temple construction is based on Mormon population density and projected Mormon population growth so that Mormon church earnings can be maximized through charging for temple entry and participation.
_____

The stunned response from Jewish leaders to these points included:

--The Mormon Church has got dead Jewish Holocaust victims coming and going.

--The Mormon Church has promised in several meetings with Jewish leaders to stop the necro-dunking of dead Holocaust Jewish victims but has not kept its promises.

--The Mormon Church desires acceptance by larger society but is not willing to pay the price necessary for that acceptance by changing and ceasing its offensive necro-work doctrines or practices.

--The Mormon Church could, if it genuinely wanted to, stop in short order its offensive practice of necro-dunking dead Jewish Holocaust victims.

--Disappointed and frustrated Jewish representatives vowed to meet, yet again, with Mormon Church leaders to re-convey their objections, grievances and demands

(The above was submitted by RfM moderator Eric K for archiving, Saturday, February 18, 2012, 23:36, Site News)

Just so that the Mormon Church doesn’t get away with trying to lie its way out of this atrocious doctrinal malpractice of baptizing dead Jews, let’s conclude with some other relevant reporting:

In a conversation with Associated Press reporter Jennifer Dobner, headlined “Chat with Mormon leader,” then-LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley uttered some astoundingly false and misleading statements.

Some of them had to do with the Mormon practice of baptizing Jews murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust.

AP: ”The ordinance of the Baptism for the Dead has been a source of controversy. What is it that people don't understand about it and can you appreciate that some might see it as a form of religious imperialism?”

Hinckley: ”Well, if they wish to so regard it. But they must realize the performing of the ordinance does not mean acceptance of the ordinance. Those for who the ordinance is done do not necessarily have to accept it.”

AP: ”On the other side?”

Hinckley: ”On the other side. So there's no injury done to anybody.”

Hello???

If offending the descendants of Jewish Holocaust victims (whose loved one were first genocidally exterminated by Hitler, then secretly necro-baptized into the Mormon Church without their families’ knowledge or consent) does not constitute “injury,” then nothing does.

If the Mormon Church promising these deeply offended Jews that it will discontinue this grossly violative practice in manhandling their dead (then failing to follow through on that promise) does not constitute “injury,” nothing does.
_____

--Fact Check

According to Cable News Network’s international reporting, Jews felt so offensively injured by the boundary-busting practice of Mormon necro-baptism that they demanded (and ultimately received) a meeting with Mormon Cult leaders in their efforts to bring about a cessation of the practice:

”Mormons Meet with Jews Over Baptizing Holocaust Victims . . . December 11, 2002 . . .

“SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP)--Mormon and Jewish leaders met Tuesday in New York City to discuss the Mormon Church's apparent breach of its agreement not to posthumously baptize Holocaust victims and other deceased Jews.

“Mormon leaders requested the meeting with Ernest Michel, chairman of the World Gathering of Jewish Holocaust Survivors who helped broker the 1995 agreement with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said church spokesman Dale Bills. . . .

“Baptisms for the dead are performed inside Mormon temples, with a Church member immersed in water in place of the deceased person. Names of the deceased are gathered by Church members from genealogy records as well as death and governmental documents from around the world.

“’For Latter-day Saints, the practice of proxy baptism is a means of expressing love and concern for those who have preceded us. It is a freewill offering,’ Bills said. . . .

“Independent researcher Helen Radkey, who prepared a report for Michel, is certain the agreement has been broken. In her research of the Church's extensive genealogical database, she found at least 20,000 Jews--some of whom died in Nazi concentration camps--were baptized after they died.

“’There shouldn't be one single death camp record in those files,’” Radkey said.

“Radkey has been researching Jews included in the Mormon databases since 1999, when she found Anne Frank and her extended family listed as being baptized.

“Also among those baptized posthumously by the Church, according to Radkey's research: Ghengis Khan, Joan of Arc, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Buddha.

“Rabbi Marvin Hier, founder and dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles, said the Mormon church needs to rein in its members if it is serious about its pledge to stop baptizing Holocaust victims.

“’If these people did not contact the Mormons themselves, the adage should be: Don't call me, I'll call you,’ Hier said. ‘With the greatest of respect to them, we do not think they are the exclusive arbitrators of who is saved.’”

--Fact Check:

According to the online site for National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition,” the Mormon Church has re-promised to stop its dunking-the-dead “in behalf” of Hitler's murdered Jewish victims:

“Mormons Aim to Stop 'Baptism' of Holocaust Victims” [by Howard Berkes] . . .

“April 12, 2005--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes another attempt to address concerns of Jewish groups who complain that Holocaust victims are showing up on Mormon baptism rolls. Mormons believe that after death, baptisms save souls. Ten years ago, Mormon leaders agreed to try to stop this practice. Now, they vow to try again."

--Fact Check:

According to the online encyclopedia “Wikipedia,” under the heading “Holocaust Victim Controversy, the Mormon Church has violated its own guidelines in performing its necro-baptisms,” the LDS Church has a bad habit of not honoring its word on the matter:

”It is asserted that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has made it a long term practice to vicariously baptize the Holocaust's Jewish victims and other prominent individuals. However, Church policy states that Church members submit their own names for these type of ordinances, and require that a surviving family member's permission be obtained for any Baptism that is to be performed of deceased individuals that have died within a certain time period (usually 50-75 years).

“However, some baptisms were done for Holocaust Victims, without proper approval or permission. When this information became public, it generated vocal criticism of the LDS Church . . . from Jewish groups, who found this ritual to be insulting and insensitive. . . .

"Partly as a result of public pressure, [Mormon] Church leaders in 1995 promised to put into place new policies that would help stop the practice, unless specifically requested or approved by relatives of the victims.

“In late 2002, information surfaced that members of the [Mormon] Church had not stopped this practice despite directives from the [Mormon] Church leadership to its members, and criticism from Jewish groups began again.

"The Simon Wiesenthal Center, Los Angeles, is on record as opposing the vicarious baptism of Holocaust victims. Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Center holds: ‘If these people did not contact the Mormons themselves, the adage should be: Don't call me, I'll call you. With the greatest of respect to them, we do not think they are the exclusive arbitrators of who is saved.’ Recently Church leaders have agreed to meet with leaders of the World Gathering of Jewish Holocaust Survivors.

“In December 2002, independent researcher Helen Radkey published a report showing that the [Mormon] Church's 1995 promise to remove Jewish Nazi victims from its 'International Genealogical Index' was not sufficient; her research of the [Mormon] Church's database uncovered the names of about 19,000 who had a 40 to 50 percent chance of having ‘the potential to be Holocaust victims . . . in Russia, Poland, France, and Austria.’

“Genealogist Bernard Kouchel conducted a search of the 'International Genealogical Index,' and discovered that many well-known Jews have been vicariously baptized, including Rashi, Maimonides, Albert Einstein, Menachem Begin, Irving Berlin, Marc Chagall, and Gilda Radner.

"Some permissions may have been obtained, but there is not currently a system in place to ensure that these permissions have been obtained, which has angered many in various religious and cultural communities.

“In 2004, Schelly Talalay Dardashti, Jewish genealogy columnist for The Jerusalem Post noted that Jews, even those with no Mormon descendants, are being rebaptized after being removed from the rolls. In an interview, D. Todd Christofferson, a [Mormon] church official, told the New York Times that it was not feasible for [Mormon] Church to continuously monitor the archives to ensure that no new Jewish names appear. The agreement referred to above did not place this type of responsibility on the centralized [Mormon] Church leadership.”

When it comes to the LDS Church's post-mortem baptizing for the dead of Nazi-murdered Jews (as well as others), leave it to the relentless Google God of the Internet to show that the Mormon fraudsters are all wet.

(For a related thread on the Mormon Church doctrine that the blood of Jews and Gentiles alike would literally change into Mormon blood if they were baptized Mormon, see: https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2261708)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 12:10PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 12:29PM

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 04:54PM

Stop dead dunking in general. It takes away free agency.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 05:02PM

LOL! Dead people's? Classic response. It is disrespectful of the living. At least have it be a more interesting cult where they are converting dead people into dragons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 05:02PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 06:45PM

nolongerangry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stop dead dunking in general. It takes away free
> agency.

Dead dunking makes a mockery of those lives which were lived, and of the principles those people worked to protect while they were living.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 06:36PM

So, the TBM parents require their 8 year old children to be baptized by Mormon / LDS / CoJCoLDS Inc. PH holders;

can the 8 year old use 'free agency' to <then & there> repudiate that baptism?

and: When LDS, Inc. submits 'names', do they screen out

a) Any?
b) those persons who didn't reach age 8 while living?

ChurchCo has (repeatedly) said that baptizing an individual (by proxy) doesn't negate 'free agency', that the individual 'has the choice of whether to Accept or Deny baptism / the ordinance(s) done for them':

True or not (of course all hypothetical!)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 07:13PM by GNPE.

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 06:40PM

I am no longer a member, I officially resigned. I am seriously concerned about my name being used while I am living or after I pass. This is a real issue and must be addressed.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2019 07:31PM

Also, please address those heathens who step on sidewalk cracks!

Seriously, not only might they be breaking their mothers' backs, but they might be breaking MY mother's back, which after having spent close to 75 years trying NOT to break it, I would feel terrible if someone else broke it! Momma!!

If it takes me meddling in the lives of the entire rest of humanity, I WILL see to it that the RIGHT things are done, so help me my certainty in what I think and do.

I offer you my very humble Amen.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 12:07AM

RFM should sponsor posthumous resignations.

Posted by: ptbarnum.cantlogin ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 01:24AM

I wonder what kind of mass unrest would occur if Muslims started offering posthumous shahada (declaration of acceptance of Islam)?

I mean, the Morms would have a cow at the idea of Great Great Granddad being offered a chance at switching to Islam after death, even if it would make at least four of his wives totally legit and possibly gain him 72 houris? The very notion that GGG-pa might choose the Quran over the BOM? People would be hollering scary Muslims be stealing our dead folks!

Or what if the Moonies started performing mass necro-marriage? "Dear RS Pres, please be advised your mother, who passed in 2012, has been thoughtfully given in postmortem matrimony to Mr. Bahadur, a very heroic Gurkha who died in the 1815 Anglo-Sikh War. He was a Hindu, but now the happy couple both have the opportunity to spend forever with Rev. Moon." How would that do on social media?

What if Scientologists took lists of Mormon dead and started auditing out their Body Thetans? Someone would sue. "Hey, leave dead Uncle Jack's ancient space cooties alone and stop billing me!"

Yet because it's mass murdered Jews being "offered" the "blessing" of baptism, somehow it's just winked at.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.