Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 03:28PM

I don't think the group was very helpful to Aspie Lafayette.

Things he might try:

1. Comicon San Diego - (The Utah version might work)
2. Learn to Play and sing No Such Thing by John Mayer
3. Grow a beard and hang out at Starbucks on south main in Logan on a Sunday morning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 04:34PM

Lafayette:

Hedning is kidding. None of these suggestions in his new post above are serious.

I hope you did find some suggestions in the original thread helpful.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 05:13PM

I was quite sincere in my advice to Lafayette. He has a real problem, not only with the understanding or being able to act on the social cues that lead to sex with wanton abandon, but also with the control mechanisms that were placed in him as a wee baby.

We all have them, I put them in my kids. But most of us do not realize it and will not do it intentionally.

I think growing a beard and then, in full cosplay costume of his choice learn to play No Such Thing, on an upright bass, in Starbuck's is his best bet.

He will not have to say or do anything. The women will mob him.

Or just pay for it from someone who is kind and will teach him.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 05:48PM

Just a thought for Aspie (or not) men who want casual sex: your desire for pleasure is reasonable, but please consider that for women, casual sex comes with a risk of becoming pregnant with a human being that will need to be cared for for the next 18 years, unless she aborts it, and making either of those choices as a single women will be loaded with a metric ton of judgment from society. Even without a pregnancy or abortion, casual sex for a woman is still loaded with a whole lot of baggage. Even more judgment for being a woman who has casual sex, for example. Please take these things into account when you wonder why it isn't easier to get laid.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 08:10PM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: October 31, 2019 02:36AM

Also consider that for some women, sex is physically painful. It is for me, unless my husband really takes his time. I don't know what it's like for men, but based on the way they behave, I would assume that having sex isn't painful for them. Please be considerate.

And yes, there's a lot more risk for women than men, too.

Posted by: Lafayette ( )
Date: October 31, 2019 04:05AM

Hi everybody

I am not interested in having sex or courting.

It was an enron-esque-question, a "WHY? WHY? WHY?" Can things be different? No it can not.

It is not in my personality to hook up and it would not lead to any good because it is not in my social skill set.

When I was a teenager I was fooled two times by malignant girls that they were in love with me. Why? Because I was gullible like the blonde fat boy in Bad santa and they could do it. Simple as that.

When I fell in love with the girls and told them that they said it was disgusting and that they hated me. Even other kids triangulated and called me and pretended to be the girls. It was afwul. I just wanted to die. I hated myself. The world was spinning.

I do not fall in love with women but I respect them and would not ask them for such sinful things.

Lafayette

/Saved by Jesus, Baptist, former family scapegoat

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.