Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 01, 2019 09:28PM

I'm sitting home, trying to decide if I need to get back in bed. I've been sick since yesterday and have barely left the house.

Knock at the door, I thought maybe it was daughter since she knows I'm sick but it wasn't.

It was the missionaries (yes). Two young guys, who look about 18 years old, which is where they start I guess. They had pamphlets and I expected them to launch their spiel but the one just asked "do you have some water?" and I went to the frig and got two bottles, just in case.

They were very appreciate and said "thanks" and I said "you're welcome". Keep in mind I'm here in my Fruit of the Looms and am not expecting company.

That's probably the result of the bishop and counselor who stopped her last summer. I guess I'll be doing that occasionally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 01, 2019 09:45PM

What! No offer of a message direct from ghawd?

No offer to heal thee of thine afflictions?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 01, 2019 10:14PM

Nope, and I was preparing to get mean with them if they started, but I just closed the door and they left, I assume.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 01, 2019 10:18PM

Well, I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 01, 2019 10:22PM

Take care!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 12:00PM

Friday night in Salt Lake is no fun anymore since dragging state street was outlawed.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 12:58PM

drive down this street if you live on it or you are visiting.

I had 2 lady missionaries stop one day and just ask for a drink. I didn't have any bottled water, so I gave them the cups I had put their drink in and told them to just put them on the porch when they were done (they drank a whole glass and then had more).

Pretty sad that they needed a drink THAT BAD. They never even brought up preaching.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 01:05PM

Last time I saw two mishies in Santa Paula CA, I handed them a 20 with "CESletter.com" written on it and told them to go to 31 Flavors and treat themselves.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.