Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WANKLE ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 03:01PM

This guy I know is the rabbid Mormon type. "If you disagree with me then you are the enemy." "Mormons are not racist. I have lots of black friends." "Sceince - lets just agree to disagree."

Typical Mormon. We've all met these Mo's. And we all know them.

"I can't meet you later" he tells me. "Ive got a church assignment." "Whats up?" I ask.

"There is a Black lady who lives in our neighborhood." "She's lived in our ward for about a year." Now let me advise everybody here. The ward this lady lives in is in the 80-200k salary range. So middle to upper middle class.

Back to the lady. "Some boys in our ward broke her windshield and put sugar in her gas tank."

My whole thoughts are this. Yeah Mormons. Super racist. And yeah Mormons just don't get it.

This is proof.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 03:04PM

How does one differentiate between pure mormonism and impure mormonism ?

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 08:26PM

Active and inactive

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 03:33PM

Yeah, no. I'm having a difficult time believing this. I know the area very well. Never seen mormon kids hanging out together much after school or nights. Never seen them inflict damage. What was his "church assignment"? Replace a windshield? Drain a gas tank? I doubt it. The woman would've called the cops, not the bishop, and had her car towed to a mechanic. There's a lot of things to rail on Utah about, but malicious kid mormons in Sandy are not a thing.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 11:27AM

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 01:24PM

Yeah, it's high school. There is plenty of racism and ignorance with mormons in all of Utah. There's not roving packs of mormons breaking windshields and putting sugar in gas tanks. Kids have the internet now. Putting sugar in gas tanks doesn't do the damage that many people think it does. Now, bleach......?

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 05:22PM

Could he be making it up because he didn't want to meet up? Tell you a story that casts him in a good light?
It just sounds dodgy, the whole thing.

Racism is deeply entrenched and thriving in the cult's membership. I have in-laws who are obviously bigoted but will totally deny it if you call them out on it.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 07:30PM

Mormons never got it in the past, don't get it now, and will likely never get it. I believe that, clearly, they are a lost cause.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 09:20PM

My cousin lives in a ritzy neighborhood in Sandy...is an uber Mormon...and a prick. A lot of this sounds like shit he'd say.

Posted by: stillangry ( )
Date: November 02, 2019 09:59PM

Lets agree to disagree is a common cult phrase used everywhere. When said, it basically means that you are in the wrong, and the cult member is right and superior. They really are not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.