Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: November 06, 2019 10:11PM

Are Mormons worldwide confused about the news of the Mexico tragedy of the Lebarons? If I were a them,I would have heard the news intially and thought they are fellow members of my church.But if I knew they were an offshoot break away clan with polygamy connections,I would be angry at the news portrayal of them as Mormons.

So how are ordinary Mormons from England to California reacting to the news about the Mexico murders?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 06, 2019 10:36PM

There are no ordinary mormons from England to California. By order of the prophet. They're members of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day saints. Mormons are a distant past, like Joe Smith's adultery and teen aged brides.

Posted by: librarian ( )
Date: November 06, 2019 10:41PM

We discussed this very matter in our book discussion group today. One woman said that these groups had nothing to do with LDS, but were just men who wanted to have a harem of young women for sex.
Hmm is that not the very basis of the LDS? Has that theory not been posted many times here?
I did not bring it up but kept thinking about the originator , old Joe Smith and his priorities.
Money, power, sex with young girls.
Sounds about right to me.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 06, 2019 10:46PM

They see any bad press as persecution. The ambush is a sign of the times, Jesus is coming soon.

Could polygamy have been a contributing factor? Mexicans are very family oriented. But more likely they pissed off the wrong people. There are some parts of Mexico where not even the army will go.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 12:35AM

the 'endless cycle' of events:

'Good things' (as judged by PR & COB & non-members) happen, ChurchCo is up-front with the PR machine;

Bad things happen, it's the same machine, just with different settings/adjustments.

makes.me.sick.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 02:11AM

unimformed tbms maybe are mad at the media portraying these people as Mormons, but in reality they follow joe smith's Mormonism to a T. Us exmormons know the history, post manifesto Mormons were told to colonize there, so Utah could become a state. They very much wanted polygamy out of Utah, of course polygamy never left Utah. The mainstream Mormon church of course is the first break away group to leave original Mormonism.

Most tbm's would not agree. they are just too brainwashed

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.