Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 04:06PM

If you accept the fact that we, as homo sapiens who have not yet achieved the singularity have an incomplete and flawed view of both science and spirituality, and that in fact, we probably understand only 1/100th of a single percent of how the universe works, then the best answer to the nature of god is that it is a hormonal pissed off pre-teen.

That the entire multi-verse we can see and hear with our most powerful telescopes is the equivalent of a 12 year old's ant farm and thus is subject to weird experiments, capricious handling, and eventual neglect.

I am an ethical hedonist no more, now I am a GIAI
(god is an idiot)acolyte.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 06:21PM

god is a gay teenage kid

Add the pressure of having to conform to some grand plan of reproduction that god has to oversee which they find repugnant. There you have it. Perfectly explains God. Conversion therapy to their pressures to get glory is a requirement for all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 12:09PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 07:47PM

God is definitely a dick like a teenager. Keeping everyone clueless about the universe. Bastard. Show me how to make a star or a planet.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 08:19PM

Both god and a teenager see themselves as the be-all and end-all, the center of the world, what they say goes, and don't you dare tell them "NO!"

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 10:35PM

So the Mormons are right. God actually does know everything.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 09:15AM

The Mormon God is a petty bureaucrat. The emphasis is all on the paperwork. Genealogy. Temple work. Even dumping Mormonism is paperwork.

Date: November 08, 2019 12:10PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mormon God is a petty bureaucrat.

Nope. They are worshipped by and with petty bureaucracies. Big difference.

Date: November 09, 2019 08:49PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Mormon God is a petty bureaucrat.
>
> Nope. They are worshipped by and with petty
> bureaucracies. Big difference.

I see. So if there was a god he/she/ or it would not be like these people most definitely. Maybe there is hope for the universe after all.

Date: November 13, 2019 11:26AM

Humans love hierarchies and rarely are they benevolent. The Heavenly one is the exception. And if it isn't pure fiction then it would be nothing like the ones humans create for themselves. A supreme being going to all the trouble to create a creature to love and be loved seems like a huge waste of precious resources to love it bureaucratically. I'll leave governments to try that one.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 12:07PM

How does one tell an ethical hedonist from a non-ethical hedonist ?

Date: November 08, 2019 12:11PM

They are just as concerned about you getting an orgasm as they are about getting one.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 05:21PM

That is how they acted when they were telling me how we were going to "save" my boyfriend.

Date: November 13, 2019 11:27AM

Many religionists are closeted non-ethical hedonists.

Date: November 08, 2019 01:31PM

The other answer is better, but in truth, the basis of hedonism if that it feels good it is ok. Ethical hedonsim included the qualifier of not hurting anyone else before it is deemed acceptable.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 10:46PM

Are you going to tell us your safe word

Date: November 13, 2019 11:22AM

I want a phrase - Pay Lay Ale.

Date: November 14, 2019 05:00PM

Peanut Butter

....Is my safe word...

Date: November 14, 2019 06:10PM

It's like butter but two safe words.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 06:01PM

So he probably has acne and thinks his parents are dorks and completely out of touch with the latest trends because.....they still use the term "mormon"........his mom still has 2 piercings......his dads prophet doesn't have a light pen......they love the smell of burning animal flesh......they don't have a problem with homosexuality.....etc, etc.

He's like the kid in The Twilight Zone......

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-10-greatest-twilight-zone-episodes/5/

Date: November 09, 2019 09:02PM

Thats the creepiest kid i think i have ever seen. Would be interesting to watch all the old twilight zones now that i am older. Only saw them as a kid really.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 08:58PM

There are so many things we don't know about this planet. 80% of the ocean is unexplored and basically unknown. Bigfoot and his cousins roam the Pacific Northwest yet scientists still haven't been clever enough to catch him. And what exactly is gravity? no smarty pants academian has a thorough answer yet for that. What are black holes really?

We just don't know much about this ant farm we're living in.

Date: November 09, 2019 09:01PM

True, in the end the earth is king i think. We are just fleas on its back temporarily. Probably very annoying fleas at this point.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 11:30PM

I don't think I would insult teenagers like that.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 11:52PM

What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us. (Think Dr. evil, not Joan of Arcadia.)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 10:54PM

Just a stranger on the bus trying to make his way home?

Date: November 14, 2019 06:12PM

What if Lot's Wife was like one of us? Our sodium levels would go through the roof!

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 20, 2019 03:54AM

Great lyrics.

Posted by: spiritualitysbest ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 08:18AM

What if God is not a white- bearded angry/mood swingy male king on a cloud throne? that throws lightening bolts, heckfire and curses around?, (man's definition) and ancient man's assumptions. Can you see how we made "the divine" in our image? and assume perfect Divine love must be 100% like us humans? (reread old testament).
I like how certain Hindu's describe" God", basically saying it is nature and life itself(pantheism). Just some Hindu's feel the need to name 100's of gods to describe all the diff aspects of Divine, like "god of the trees" ,sky, rivers, air, monkeys, mountains etc,but overall is the notion that life itself is that, Brahman.(the ultimate reality underlying all that exists). and i like that.

Posted by: spiritualitysbest ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 08:27AM

I mean think about it, "Perfect Divine Love"? Imagine the most loving father you have ever,ever seen. Would he suddenly become angry and throw fits or have mood swings?,Or bring physical pain on others to teach them? (it's nonsense). weeping wailing gnashing of teeth in spirit realm?? what teeth? lol. I like what one psychologist/counselor said, he said," I feel like I cannot even get angry at anyone anymore now that I understand human mind/psychology so well, I understand why everyone does what they do!"Surely an all -knowing perfect Love would be like that, compassionate, the ultimate compassionate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.