Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 06:31PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 01:15AM

Velly velly velly happy

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 02:16AM

Allah have mercy on our Exmo souls!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 04:00AM

I would be an Atheist, because I would have married the love of my life. He was already beginning to convince me that Mormonism was falsse.

You wouldn't believe the fabulous life his wife and children have enjoyed! I would have had it all, instead of losing it all because of the Mormon cult.

Virtue and sacrifice doesn't keep you warm at night. The Mormon cult is certainly not a worthy cause. Love is. Family is. Fulfilment, and feeling good about yourself is. My athiest ex-boyfriend and his wife do REAL charity work, as I have tried to do on a smaller scale, after leaving the cult.

I would be of real value to others.

I would be aware of my value.

Instead, I'm nothing, as far as my TBM extended family is concerned.

I would not have PTSD, and all those physical injuries, resulting from Mormons abusing me.

I would have ended up much as I am now. I can't imagine ever feeling that I had to belong to a cult or religious group of any kind. Early on, even when I was a TBM, I spent more of my time volunteering in my children's schools, and in the community, and that was very rewarding. I would not have stayed friends with those petty, hateful Mormon gossips, in any universe I can imagine. I'm happy now, with all those phony snarks gone from my life.

Had things been different, my children would not exist as they are today, and they are wonderful. I can't go down that rabbit-hole. My atheist ex still tells me that he wished he had married me, instead of his present wife. That gives me no satisfaction; in fact, it makes me sad to think about what might have been....

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 05:03AM

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 09:53AM

Nailed it. me too.

Posted by: stillangry ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 06:53AM

Normal.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 09:03AM

Myself. The weird thing that I found after I left Mormonism is that I felt like the "Me" I was before I was baptized as a teenager. I felt familiar to myself again.

Without even realizing it, I had been living a phony Me for 30 years. It was a weird feeling.

I feel like myself again.

Date: November 08, 2019 11:38AM

Greyfort Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without even realizing it, I had been living a
> phony Me for 30 years. It was a weird feeling.

If you watched the video you can see those children of Mormons are budding real people who probably became phony as adults because of Mormonism. The video is hilarious and more so to non-Mormons. ExMormons will become wistful and sad watching these children knowing their indoctrination was on the cusp of being more and more reinforced.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 10:13AM

Happy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 10:31AM

If you weren't a theist what would you be ?

Posted by: Not Dave ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 11:38AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you weren't a theist what would you be ?

Not Dave the Atheist, that's for sure.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 11:48AM

I consider myself as a Christian and certainly feel no need to identify myself as a Mormon.

Date: November 08, 2019 11:49AM

I think one of the little Mormon kids said as much if they weren't a Mormon.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 01:06PM

Better off

Date: November 08, 2019 01:21PM

Funny how better off Mormon and dead are kinda synonymous. And with their highest spiritual rituals being for dead people it makes sense.

Posted by: odd thinker ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 01:33PM

I personally believe in Jesus.

Date: November 08, 2019 02:17PM

Does Jesus shave?

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 04:03PM

I converted to the Church during college (lap 1). Since I had a pre-Mormon life, I have an inkling of what my life would be like without Mormonism.

When I met my first bishop, he thought I was a member since we were both "new in the ward." He was somewhat surprised that he didn't know my parents, etc. since everybody knows everybody in the Church in Canada either from local families or from the homeland of southern Alberta.

Now that I am not in the Church, my life is about how it was before. I have the same interests I suspect I would have if I didn't experiment with Mormonism for ~30 years - except I play more basketball and drink more tea. I have the profession I was about to enter when I was investigating the Church.

In summary, I would be me.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 08:24PM

Religiously indifferent, as I am now.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 10:21PM

What I is.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 02:36PM

There ya go! That's an answer I can support!

Posted by: oldpobot ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 04:31AM

This question reminds me of Peter Crouch, 7-foot tall English soccer player, who was asked "If you weren't a footballer, what would you be?".

His answer - "A virgin!"

Maybe not an original line, but a good one...

Date: November 11, 2019 01:11PM

How about like a virgin? A material girl? A lucky Telestial Star?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 03:11PM

Hilarious!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 01:17PM

Perhaps the title should have been: If you had not been a Mormon..." As it is, I am not a Mormon.

Date: November 11, 2019 01:26PM

Watch the video. It will make sense.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 07:37PM

I'm not a mormon and I haven't been one for at least 5 years... so, I'M alot happier than I ever was in my life.

Yay Yay Yay. Try it, you might like it. Resign your membership

its all good.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 09:44PM

I'd probably be a Catholic like most of my fathers family, but then I'd find out that praying to Mary candles with beads is a crock of s***, and I'd bail. Protestantism is the way to go.

Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 12:45AM

I would probably be a nondenominational Christian.

I would have had a very different career.

I would have formed a very different family.

I would have lived in a very different state.

Alas...

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 05:01AM

I'm not really a joiner. I like freedom and flexibility. My family and career take up a lot of scheduled time, and there's little left for unnecessary nonsense. I need a lot of time for solitude, and peace-and-quiet time with my children and grandchildren.

Even when I was a Mormon, I worked on house maintenance and did yard work for my hobbies, instead of making useless crafts in RS. It might have been fun--don't misunderstand--but I enjoyed working around the house too much.

Even when we were Mormons, the kids and I would go with our friends to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at the Methodist church. The schools were bad for a while, where we lived, so the kids went to a private Lutheran school. It was fun to volunteer there, in all capacities. I quit my Mormon callings, in order to help out with the school's music, which was a lot of fun, and which involved me with my kids. I made better friends in both the Lutheran and Methodist churches. In our new neighborhood Mormon ward here in SLC, the Scout and Priesthood leaders physically abused my boys, so we left the Mormon church, and they joined a neighborhood Scout troop sponsored by a coalition of the Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, and a non-denominational church. They got their Eagle awards. One son was married in the little neighborhood non-denominational church. One was married in a barn. One was married at a country club. My daughter was married in the temple. She says she is an Atheist, but forces herself and her children to go to the Mormon church, because she knows her husband would divorce her if she quit.

Is there some sort of rule that a person can't go to several different churches, depending on our neighborhoods and situations? Other church groups allow us to go to whatever building we want, depending on the times of the services, depending on where our friends and family go--and we are allowed to sit with our friends. Mormonism is an inflexible cult, that never could fit into our need for variety and growth. We're a lot happier staying away from cults

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 06:20AM

A person with less baggage.

Posted by: spiritualitysbest ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 07:41AM

!!Simply Spiritual!!.
*(one does not have to be organized religious even though org religion likes to say you have to)
. Once I understood how certain people in the far east understand pantheism/ panentheism etc, and their philosophy I had the "aha moment". Life itself (nature, the living Cosmos we live inside, is "God".) its ok if that sounds nuts, but deep in heart I think we can sense it! morning birds sing songs of "praise", scientists have discovered plants do also, in their own way emit an "OM" sound of their own. Does your heart not sing whilst admist breathtaking beauty of nature? And your thankful.

Date: November 13, 2019 10:47AM

Atheism sounds nuts to theists.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.