Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 12:59PM

Tryouts that my room mate was in. I was here supporting him yesterday in sun river oregon as he auditioned in front of lionel ritchie, kati perry, and luke bryan i think the other judges name was. It was a thirteen hour day affair and i could not help but connect thr correlation of being in a room and and being controlled and manipulated by other humans to make fake interactions for the camera rolling. Nothing on television is real or authentic even for reality tv i promise. I realized it more than ever yesterday as the producers were making the contestants be fake for the camera and having fake interactions with each other that would soon make it to the publics view that watched the television show of American idol. We were all mostly sitting in a room being manipulated for cameras until my room mate who was a contestant was called in to perform for the judges. It was kind of like they were going in to get the secret but fake handshakes to go to the celestial kingdom. The judges were like the famous apostles that you had to prove your worthiness to get your golden ticket to go to hollywood or secret handshakes to get into the celestial kingdom. The parrallels were there. The holding room in which myself and the people that supported my room mate contestant felt like i was in the visitors center of a temple ground with the 'outcasts' or the 'have nots' of this life who were not even allowed in with the judges or temple to get our ticket or secret handshakes to go to fake fantasy land bullshit (hollywood or celestial kingdom) same difference but take your pick. It felt so much like i was being manipulated in a cult for 13 hours straight it was scary. I did see lionel ritchie though who seemed pretty cool. Way better than when i saw bednar (arrogant asshole) up close. True story though my room mate is very talented and got pretty far in the american idol tryouts. But the connection between the fake cult world that i grew up in and the tv world that the public is not shown was very eerie. Humans manipulaiong and trafficking humans for money and their own gain basically. Anywats thought i'd share this. It was a mind-opening experience for sure about another fake world other than the cult i grew up in. The television or hollywood world. Both worlds having the same feel but both being utterly bullshit and totally false information for the public. So yea the television world is kind of like a cult in a way. Almost exact parrallels. Thought i'd share. Sorry for the english errors. English was always my worst subject in high school. I admit i too plagiarized for big essays kind of like joseph smith in the book of mormon. Just copying and pasting bible verses in english class. It's how i know plagiarizing and changing even a few things or words is pretty easy. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 01:09PM

Good story. I would like to believe that your revelation was not too big a surprise to this collection of readers and viewers.

Date: November 09, 2019 07:09PM

Most people don't understand the connection between the fake television world behind the cameras and cult practices trust me hence most of the population thinks television is correct information like the news and sports and american idol. Most people think sports is actually real plus live entertainers are actually how they are on television. They snap into tv mode like robots when that camera is rolling. Very crazy shit.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:06AM

And I'm pretty sure my Cardinal lost The Axe last weekend. That truly sux.

Date: November 28, 2019 12:30AM

You lost me at Iggles haha. What the heck are you watching?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:34AM

The Eagles lost AT HOME to the Seahawks because they have NO OFFENSIVE LINE WHATSOEVER.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 09:12PM

If you haven't heard, check out deep fake video.

Police video camera files can be altered, as well as video taped confessions, security files, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLoI9hAX9dw

Date: November 10, 2019 01:50AM

tumwater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you haven't heard, check out deep fake video.
>
> Police video camera files can be altered, as well
> as video taped confessions, security files, etc.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLoI9hAX9dw

Damn that is crazy. So how does anyone get any real information in this world? Maybe only the sun in the sky that you see with your own eyes is the only authentic thing left.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 10:11PM

is about the same as the relationship of cherries and oranges to Cherry Kool-Aid and Orange Kool-Aid, which is also about the same as...

....the relationship of truth to Churchco's "Gospel Truths".

Off and on over the years, I've had some occasion to see how TV shows are made. Most people would indeed be surprised to see how completely scripted reality shows are, from beginning to end, in every little detail.

But I think deep down, most people suspect it. There's a little part of the brain named "Disbelief" that wants to point and call bullsh*t whenever it sees bullsh*t. But people who want to escape reality and escape into the world of TV distractions and enter-tain-ment (enter and hold the mind) can't stand Disbelief's constant interruptions. Therefore, the suspension of Disbelief is resorted to. First it comes in the form of ordering Disbelief to stay in his room and not come out until the show is over. But eventually, disbelief is taken out to a remote location in some scraggly woods in the wilderness and left there to die.

Date: November 10, 2019 01:34AM

This is a good way of putting it. I guess the experience was greater for my brain to experience than anyone elses here. I always thought television had a little authenticity to it but it was not even close being around the cameramen and the producers for american idol yesterday constantly. Every scene filmed for thirteen hours straight was manipulated and pre-coached before the cameras rolled. It was very eerie to say the least. So i can tell you that even what seems as reality tv is all pre-coached before the cameras roll. It was humans treating other humans like cattle or dancing monkeys for a 13 hour period just to manipulate millions of other humans watching it on a television screen for billions of dollars. And the cattle did not care because they just wanted to be famous or go to the celestial kingdom. It was a huge mindscrew for my brain. I can't even watch movies the same or watch any show the same ever again. My room mate did not get the golden ticket to go to hollywood by the way and it pissed me off because he worked really hard to get to that position in the auditioning process. Oh well screw Hollywood its just as bad as a cult and very similar. Creates an absolute false illusion and fantasy for the brain that does not exist and leaves the public wanted this illusion that is definitely not real. Its just humans manipulating humans for money. It had that human trafficking feel to it all. And the traffickees(the contestants) allowed it just because they wanted a small chance of being rich and famous. Which really isn't that great. Katy perri looked like a human to me. Her outfit may have been expensive but she was still just another human in the end really. So being rich and famous is not all that it is all cracked up to be is what i am saying. The humans that can trick the other humans the best get the money and the power it seems. Very mind-opening experience to see how a tv show is made on the spot using regular citizens or civilians on camera. Not one thing they use will be authentic. Authenticity or reality is kind of boring and would make bad television and no viewers and they know those so they have to manipulate people. Kind of like telling the truth in a religion. No one would attend. Got to have drama and chaos going on constantly and be manipulated by leaders(or producers). It was crazy and i may never be entertained by any tv show or movie again. Tried to enjoy watching a show at my friends house here in eugene oregon today and i could not enjoy any of it. I know exactly how a tv show is made on the scene and then it will be edited down dramatically later for the public. Not cool to mess with the public like this.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 06:35AM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was
> crazy and i may never be entertained by any tv
> show or movie again. Tried to enjoy watching a
> show at my friends house here in eugene oregon
> today and i could not enjoy any of it. I know
> exactly how a tv show is made on the scene and
> then it will be edited down dramatically later for
> the public. Not cool to mess with the public like
> this.

You have to do what's right for you, but except for what is presenting itself as "news" in some fashion, it's entertainment: nothing more, and not much less, either. Neither movies nor most television programming were ever intended to be "truth." Even when a movie is based on a true story, precious little of the true story typically survives the cutting room floor.

Entertainment is mostly about escape. Most of us have things in real life from which we need occasionally to get away. For many of us, movies or TV provide such an opportunity. Sometimes the more mind-numbing or even mindless the viewing source is, the more useful it is for "escape" purposes.

The bottom line is that it would be a mistake for most of us to take much of what we see on TV or in movies too seriously. Your brush with "reality" TV, Warrior, seems to have hit you rather hard, which is understandable. Except for the one big winner every season, however, "American Idol" was never really intended to be much of a life-altering experience. Its function is to to distract us for an hour or so each week from things we'd prefer not to weigh so heavily on our minds. "American Idol" and its counterparts are not curing cancer, and even as entertainment goes, they aren't exactly on par with great literary, musical,or dramatic works.

Regarding "deep fake video" and all associated with it (that came from someone else's post, I acknowledge), while a healthy dose of skepticism has become necessary in today's world, just because videos of all sorts, including police videos containing confessions, CAN be altered doesn't necessarily mean every video WAS altered. We can all make ourselves batshit crazy in obsessing over every conspiracy theory that comes along, or we can accept that not every excerpt we view on TV is 100% authentic. If it's truly essential to discern for ourselves the veracity of any particular passage, such can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Otherwise, it's probably both wiser and healthier to watch if we enjoy something, turn it off if we don't, and to otherwise get on with our real lives, of which mass media should play a relatively small part.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2019 06:45AM by scmd1.

Date: November 28, 2019 12:34AM

Obsessing over every conspiracy theory definitely can make you batshit crazy. Wise words.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 08:11AM

So you saw how the sausage is made?

I think that most reality TV fans understand at this point that the shows are scripted to greater or lesser degrees. I think in a lot of cases people are coached simply so that they can maintain their focus while on camera.

Mormons start to see behind the scenes while on their missions. What starts out as a spiritual endeavor turns into a numbers and sales game. How much of that carries into the upper echelons, who knows. But I'll bet it's a lot.

Date: November 11, 2019 12:07PM

I most definitely saw how the sausage was made and it was very eye-opening to say the least. Manipulating and screwing with humans for 13 ours straight. I thought there was going to be a slaughter machine that they were going to lead all the average citizens into after the 13 hours of bullshit. Probably only like an hour to an hour and a half of footage they gathered will be aired from all their cameras. But whatever the producers wanted to see they fabricated and forced people to be fake for the camera for it to look more lively than it actually was. It was such a sad and unfulfilling experience but i wanted to support my room mate.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 08:13AM

In fairness to the producers of reality television, while I wasn't present and didn't see what you saw, unless there was something you haven't shared, I disagree that anyone was "forced" to be fake. If participants wanted to be filmed, they needed to do what the production crew asked, but such is not forcing anyone to do anything.

Date: November 24, 2019 02:10AM

It's along the lines of, "Are you excited to be here? Can you show us just how excited you are? How long did you have to work to get here? How do you feel about so-and-so?" etc. There are a lot of questions in order to prompt appropriate, expected, and sometimes unexpected responses. No one tells you how to respond. And a lot of footage is shot in order to get just a little bit.

I did a short filmed interview for a reality TV show. My interview was cut from the show in favor of a friend who did a better job of it (I was fine with that.) A short scene of me and my friends was left in. The crew was at the event for hours to get a few minutes worth of footage.

Date: November 24, 2019 02:56PM

You know how it goes. There were even times that the producers told everyone to not talk so a fake coversation between two contestants could happen. Very bizarre, like being quiet in a sacrament meeting and having leaders or producers tell everyone they have to be quiet throughout the entire ordeal.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 06:48PM

Another link between the Morg and TV is the question, "Do the big 15 believe or is it kayfabe?"

For those not familiar with kayfabe, it's a term from pro-wrestling. Before the invention of the internet, it was important in pro-wrestling that people didn't realize how much of it was scripted. So wrestling personas, supposed feuds, and drama were all presented as real at all times.

Of course now, kayfabe in wrestling is only maintained during matches and fans just suspend their disbelief when watching. Kayfabe in reality TV on the other hand . . .

Date: November 11, 2019 12:13PM

When i was a kid before the internet and even cell phones i believed the pro wrestling fueds to be real, they did a really good job for a child to believe for sure. Never heard the term kayfabe before but it definitely makes sense in the morg arena for sure. I could see kayfabe happening for sure as they know if they break character it could cost them a lot financially.

Posted by: Naked at Dawn ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 09:47AM

A lot of the people who run TV are third eye blind, so do not perceive the damage that they do to others. TV produces very low vibrations. This is the same as a cult.

Date: November 24, 2019 12:54AM

I agree with you there.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 10:19AM

Kayfabe ? Dang ! Now I have another word for my 63 word vocabulary. I think I might find a good use for that word.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 24, 2019 02:12PM

It was strange in that Wile E. was beating up Roadrunner as much as he got beat up himself--really got his licks in. I was thinking, "Is this one where Wile E. comes out on top?"

But no, it ended up in a draw, without Roadrunner speeding into the vanishing point with Wile E. a broken mess. The two finished, having fallen off a cliff or something, and the cartoon ended--mostly. Bruised and bashed, together they got up, dusted themselves off, and walked up to a tree with an old-fashioned shop timeclock. They took their time cards out, put them in and stamped their time, replacee the cards in the rack. The ending was something like,"

"Good night, 'Runner."
" 'Night, Wile E. Put some ice on that knee."
"Thanks. Hope your back feels better."
"See ya."
"Yeah, see ya."

And they go home, their separate ways.

I wonder if this might have given the writers for "Roger Rabbit" the idea for their opening."

Kayfabe, Dave!

Date: November 24, 2019 03:05PM

They had to quit telling me to stop looking at the camera haha. I was breaking the 4th wall constantly. But no one would expect anything less of me i suppose. A producer literally had to move my body because i was blocking a fake conversation. If i make it on television i am on crutches. They'll edit me out probably. Someone will have to let me know if i made it on television i had to sign a release paper so it could happen. Haven't watched television in like 2 years so i won't know.

Date: November 24, 2019 04:19PM

Yeah, I kept glancing over at the camera lens as well, a big no-no. You are supposed to keep looking at the producer or the camera operator. It was one reason why most of my footage was cut.

Date: November 24, 2019 07:21PM

It was pretty funny. I'd look over my shoulder and there would be the camera. Kept saying "oh sh#t" everytime i looked at the camera. I would be a terrible actor.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 27, 2019 11:48PM

You're thinking of the wrong cartoon. The correct cartoon with the time clock had a sheepdog and a coyote.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:03AM

It's been a long time. Senior moment, there. But you get the point.

I wonder why they didn't use Roadrunner?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 24, 2019 02:46PM

”Our capacity to willingly and convincingly alter our perceptions of reality is what, in the Abrahamic religions, became known as The Fall of Adam.

”Without this ability to judge, filter and reconfigure our perceptions of what we experience, we’d be no more advanced than the Bonobos.

”I blame that evolutionary quirk, the opposable thumb, which allowed for greatly increased control of a thrown missile, but then created the desire to explain ‘missing’.“

- -Judic West, explaining to his mummy why the father of the upstairs maid was demanding child support payments

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 03:47AM

It’s all showbiz. The church leaders are just another form of celebrity and the members worship them like how fans worship their Hollywood idols. Shakespeare was correct when he said all the world is a stage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.