Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 10:49PM

I admit i kind of keep to myself but i do have something within me that wants to help for real but i am never sure what to do exactly or if i even can do anything. I see posts of struggling ex-mos and it saddens me and i am not exactly sure how to help. Even i struggle to find light at the end of the tunnel that i will someday have an awesome life. I know i have to create it myself and it will take even more effort than i have already put in. I wish i had a nice home and a wife and kids but i do not. I know people get inspired all the time with different things in their life. I just wish i knew how to inspire those that struggle everyday. I know that we have been bullshited for nearly our entire lives so it is hard to see hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 10:51PM

Maybe you inspire people already. Don't sell yourself short.

Posted by: FelixNLI ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 05:20AM

Discovering for yourself that "the truth" i.e. the so called true church is not true and actually a big lie is a bigger accomplishment in critical thinking than you may realize. Discovering what isn't true may be just as important as what is in life.

I have no idea how old you are but achieving those things you mentioned such as a house and family is,I believe, becoming more difficult with time. This is especially true for anyone who doesn't fit into the mainstream and stumbles in some aspect of their life such as academic and social accomplishments.

Regardless, life, even with its ups and downs can be viewed as a gift and a wonder to experience. For me this is especially true when I have the opportunity to help someone. The ability to have compassion for those who have terrible trials whether it is drug addiction, homelessness, loneliness, serious health issues or a host of other things enriches ones own experience and appreciation for life. The opportunity to make a difference and make the world a better place or to learn something new makes life worth living.

Try to enjoy the freedom, peace and prosperity we have right now because it may not last indefinitely.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 07:10AM

“nice home and a wife and kids”

Lots of exmos HAD that until the truth rocked their world. There are plenty of stories here where the TBM spouse asks for a divorce. Yes, the church is more important than their marriage.

You are your soulmate. Stop waiting for the next thing to be happy. It’s kind of special to be alone. You never have to guess, play games, be played or manipulated, or put up with drama. Choose to be here. If you play the “I’ll be happy when” game, you are showing ingratitude for what you have now. It’s much better to accept it with grace so as to unblock the next thing so that your life will flow.

Just remember “the American Dream” is sold to you by your slave masters. Once you’re on the hook, you’ll be working for them for the rest of your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2019 07:23AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 10:51AM

A lot of people lurk. Every time you post you may never know how much your words helped someone.

Personally, I write a lot of posts with lurkers in mind. I will never know if they did any good, but I like to try because when you first become exmo it can be lonely and scary and knowing you have company is worth everything. Seeing lots of points of view and lots of similar experiences can help.

Time. Time to sort it all out. Time to understand that just knowing the facts isn't enough and you have to learn to weave them into a new life. Not easy. Time to trust yourself for the first time often, rather than be told what to believe, to do, and how to act.

This is a rebirth like baptism never was.

Nice post Warrior 71783

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 11:03AM

I’ll second that. Nice post. A sincere seeker like warrior is a rare thing and a pleasure to respond to.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 08:26PM

"I just wish i knew how to inspire those that struggle everyday." A good place to start is to talk to others about what is working for you. Maybe you enjoy your job, then advertise it on facebook and bring people to the company. Maybe you like to invest, then tell everyone how to get started making money. Maybe you like dogs or cats, then talk about all the stray cats you've adopted.

There are endless ways to encourage other people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.