Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 06:53PM

Like, Nephi fears L&L killing him, leaves for the wilderness and--BOOM--a little narration about "his people" and there's a temple!

One thing (among a hundred others in the BoM that doesn't make sense): God tells Nephi to flee because L&L plot to kill him, even though God has zapped them a couple times already to d to kill Nephi?show that shouldn't be dickwads to Nephi, and Nephi hightails it outta Dodge. Weren't L&L outnumbered by Nephi's family? Wasn't Nephi the hotshot with a bow and arrow, but he couldn't defend himself? . Why wouldn't L&L think they might get whacked by God if they tried to take out Nephi since they know he had God Mojo? And of course all this villain plotline mixed up with a but of Isaiah that goes on and on about being protected by God, etc...

It's all for dramatic effect of course in a bible fan-fiction book.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 03:03AM

Weren't we all told forever and ever that "The field is ripe and ready to harvest" with regard to the mission field? Doesn't seem to me that there is much need for all those missionaries languishing in the field. The harvest has sort of withered and blown away. Guess they'll have to ad a few new verses to some area of the scriptures to make sense of this change in how the last days are supposed to be playing out. Or are these no longer the last days? Whatever. You can never nail anything down in Mormonism.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 09:44AM

The church has them or living scriptures has them. I used to feel guilty for not buying them, but they were expensive and I didn't see the point in spending that much money on them. So a new generation needs bofm movies.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 10:23AM

the BoM can't even keep its story straight from one verse to the next. Check out this excerpt from 2 Nephi 5:

15 And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood, and of iron, and of copper, and of brass, and of steel, and of gold, and of silver, and of precious ores, which were in great abundance.

16 And I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon save it were not built of so many precious things; for they were not to be found upon the land, wherefore, it could not be built like unto Solomon’s temple.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 10:31AM

Haha Good one. I guess both Sydney and Oliver were as lousy at proof reading as Joseph was at continuity?

Nothing matters though because the BoM is "inspired," meaning Joseph had his fingers crossed behind his back.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 19, 2019 02:08PM

There is this thing calle "proof reading?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.