Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lafayette ( )
Date: November 27, 2019 01:54PM

Watched this video today and liked the illustration how "Gunk" spreads and make clear water of life dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RkLvglGKCQ

How much did you have and how much did you spread?

Personally I feel like was in the middle of a lake and saw mutants swimming around me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:21AM

Smells like a scam.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 04:46PM

I personally have been filled with gunk. I think that the guy has some very valid concepts. I am presently in the position of no contact with someone with whom I had at one time great respect. but that person betrayed me and so prior to watching this broadcast I had proceeded with the no contact scenario.
It is working for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 04:49PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: june ( )
Date: November 29, 2019 06:19PM

Lafayette, are you asking about people's opinion of the video, or are you asking about how wide the circle of dysfunctional people was?

I am not an ex-mormom, so I can only speak to what I have experienced with my in-laws as my husband left the church.

I too felt like I was in the middle of a lake, but maybe there were small islands and inlets where there were no mutants. The more contact my spouse had with his nuclear family, the more mutants started appearing all around me... and the more he cut off contact, the more the mutants went in other directions. I think people with toxic intents call out other toxic people who create a supportive group for hateful behavior.

At first when my husband left the church, only his nuclear family behaved in a toxic manner. As time went on, the toxicity spread to my husband's boss and workplace. Then it spread to people who were his acquaintances. Then, it even went to some of my work colleagues who knew one of my husband's siblings.

I did notice that true friends never engaged in the toxic behavior and were turned off by it.

My point is that the people being drawn into this behavior are already toxic. The more I got away from all of them, the more room there was for positive people. There was a time when my husband and I were completely surrounded by people who were full of negativity and hate. Today, we are surrounded by people who are supportive. Every once in a while, a toxic relative reaches out to my husband, and, if he responds, they bring a hoard of other toxic people with them into our lives.

Date: November 30, 2019 05:49AM

Hi june

The video was a selfobject I pondered on right at that moment.

I give people the free choice to do what they want with it.

I am not so skilled at expressing myself.

Posted by: june ( )
Date: November 30, 2019 01:29PM

Thanks for sharing it. I showed it to my husband, and he needed the ideas in the video at that moment too.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 10:38PM

And how much is left.

By definition being Mormon is being dysfunctional. You can leave but then you have to clean up the mess which is different for everyone. Maybe being a mighty Mormon left you a blowhard know-it-all. How do you clean that out? Lots of Work!

Date: December 02, 2019 04:04PM

Good point!

Need your help to ponder on it. My attitude is that knowledge is independent of ourselves. It is there for everybody to find it or recieve it if they try and want to get access to it through their senses. From time to time I hear that I am a blow hard. But I think that I am more like a nerd than a blow hard. The only thing I do daily is to sit down, read and bookmark texts on the web. I read books and watch different media outlets. Once I read the same satirical book for a period about two to three years.

My viewpoint is that knowledge is data useful for discernment.

I have aspergers. But I feel more like a nerd than a blow hard.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 04:10PM

i get the feeling you're a cool person . . . .

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.