Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 02:00AM

Long ago, there was someone named Abraham Lincoln who was born, lived, and died.

However, I just heard that he was a vampire slayer.

I can't say for sure that there are vampires and that Abraham Lincoln fought against them, but that's what they're saying. Some people believe that he did. And they're spreading the news.

Get the picture?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 03:10AM

Well, I can say for sure. I have a strong testimony that Abraham Lincoln was a real life vampire slayer who saved the Union by chopping vampires with his axe.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 10:52AM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 03:45AM

Vampires are real, anybody. Believe me. That much I can tell you.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 05:37AM

Date: November 28, 2019 08:15AM

Jesus of Nazareth probably was an actual person -- but then what? People start talking, rumours start flying, things get confused and conflated, and then a myth develops.

"The Man From Earth" is one of my favourite movies. It's a simple film that deals with the same subject:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vy0ZZabHo2Q

Good watching after lots of turkey this evening.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 08:38AM by anybody.

Date: November 28, 2019 08:40AM

“It was a movie.”

Or a documentary, like the one with James Wood where the Vatican works with a secret team of vampire-hunting mercenaries. It’s amazing what you can do with a crossbow and electric winch. The spirit witnesses to me that if you drag a vampire into the sunlight, there’s gonna be fireworks.

Date: November 28, 2019 09:44AM

Posted by: logged off again ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 06:05AM

Abe Lincoln had a big, beautiful Axe. He had the best Axe.

Posted by: logged off again ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 11:29AM

Fun alternative fact - The first draft of the Gettysburg Address read:

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this covfefe

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 09:37AM

Young Abe maybe, shoulda headed over to Nauvoo with that axe.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 09:45AM

You don't understand vampires! Not at all, you ignorant twits!

Vampirism is a pathological condition. We don't know what causes it, probably a retrovirus, but they SUFFER and you people chat on so callously. A cure needs to be found, but first the fear, misunderstanding, hatred, discrimination, oppression, and vampiphobic violence must be addressed.

Vampires are people, too, like you and me. They live, they love, they suffer, they laugh. "When you prick us, do we not bleed?" and all that.
Oh, wait...

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 09:49AM

Everybody says so.

A lot of people say that.

People talked about it on the Internet, but the press won't report it.

People say there is a lost server with emails from vampires and Abe, but the fake news won't cover it.

;-)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 01:02PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> People say there is a lost server with emails from
> vampires and Abe, but the fake news won't cover
> it.
>
> ;-)

Judicwestwatch has put in FOI requests. but the Department of inJustice keeps redacting anything of consequence, then stalls and stalls. Same thing with the FBI.*

Truth will out!

"Famous.But.Incompetent"

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 30, 2019 08:23PM

Anyone who is aware of history and science can be pretty sure that Lincoln didnt hunt vampires. For starters,his life is pretty well documented Furthermore, there are no vampires. Not quite the same thing as whether Jesus actually lived. As for whether he was divine,that is an separate matter and n is about faith,not history. I don't really get your analogy .

Date: November 30, 2019 08:35PM

Too many differences for it to work for me. I will concede that we have an difficult time knowing what Jesus actually thought and said and what was added later, but that isn't true of Lincoln. There is a big difference between then two and 150 years is a lot different than 2000 years.

Date: November 30, 2019 10:29PM

It’s not about Christianity, it’s about Mormonism. The Bible was vetted by lots of smart people over many centuries. Mormonism added sensational made up bull crap to synthesize a new story. It’s a completely different thing, and to me a perversion of more sound religious structures.

The average Mormon doesn’t dig deeply into their religion, and they shouldn’t. That wrecks testimonies. The facts don’t matter. Only the way you feel about the (made up) facts matter. If the story of Abe Lincoln the Vampire Killer resonates with you, can’t it be true for you? Because that’s the Mormon style of assessing truth.

Date: December 01, 2019 12:30AM

Since anybody mentioned Jesus earlier in the thread before I brought it up , I will assume that is what she is talking about. You have an excellent point about Mormonism though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 01:54AM by bona dea.

Date: December 01, 2019 10:42AM

"Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" was a graphic novel turned into a movie. My example of Lincoln posthumously turned into a vampire killer was just an humorous example of how legends could be created around a real person after their death.

I know religious faith is important to some people. In the case of Christianity, does it matter if it's just a legend that was tacked on to a real person? No, it doesn't. After all, Paul made up Christianity and never met Jesus of Nazareth and he was just one of many people wanting a new kind of religion in the first century Roman era. That doesn't diminish their faith.

In the case of Mormonism -- it was a deliberate, made up fraud to enrich its creators, period. It's fake as fish fur.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 10:54AM by anybody.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.