Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 29, 2019 06:04PM

I remember a thread a while back where people were talking about seeing the missionaries while they were out.We saw 6 missionaries at the KFC today. A few weeks ago I saw 2 tables of them at McD’s. We also saw 2 walking around about 2 months ago.
None of them attempted to talk to anyone or left their pamphlets on the table.
Did they always not talk to people( while waiting for their food, not when they were eating)
I was kind of looking forward to them talking to us, as I had a couple of things I wanted to say

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 29, 2019 06:41PM

It's called soliciting if they approach strangers in a private business. That business doesn't appreciate it. A few days ago an immigrant wanted me to buy tamales at the grocery store. I didn't and don't think they should be selling food on someone else's property.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 01:59AM

Apparently soliciting in businesses is a thing among some MLM members (Target seems to be a particular favorite, but it can happen in any store.) If another shopper compliments something you are wearing, it could possibly be an opening for an Amway pitch (look for the keywords, "my mentors" and "retired in their 30s.")

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 04:03AM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A few days ago an immigrant wanted
> me to buy tamales at the grocery store. I didn't
> and don't think they should be selling food on
> someone else's property.

Especially those dang Norwegians !!!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 29, 2019 10:26PM

I live in sort of downtown Salt Lake City, and see lots of missionaries while shopping, riding bikes, and one day 4 of them were walking around the Farmers Market on 400 So, buying stuff. (No ties but you can still tell).

Also, I mentioned this a few weeks ago; they knocked on my apartment door one night and asked if I had water, and I gave them each a bottle. (I was at the door in my Fruit of The Looms so we didn't talk much)

In fact the one thing I've not seen them do is knocking on doors etc. Maybe they do, but not sure.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 01:30AM

When I see them(in the country I live in now), I always say something like, "Hey mormon dudes.) That gives them a spark. Then I ask how the dunking is going, how many splashes have they had while out here? etc.

Then they ask if I'm mormon, and I say no. But tell them I've studied about it(I claim to be nevermo, can't face the embarrassment of being that dumb). I tell them that it has some weird stuff in it. And give them some examples. Which they usually deny.

I ask them where they are from and such. Then tell them good luck finding people to dunk. They seem to enjoy some interaction.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 12:45PM

I spotted a couple of them at the top of the hill on Austin Bluffs riding their bicycles on the sidewalk going down the hill very fast.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.