Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 09:47AM

More bad publicity for Utah. Even though the incident is not directly at the church, what do you bet people who read the article, internationally, will assume the teacher was MORMON. I bet my Laurel class medallion that the teacher was a MORMONS and is simply following the tenets of the cult, it's leaders, Packer, et al.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-teacher-adoptive-son-two-dads

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 09:51AM

The incident was awful but this was a sub,not a regular teacher and she was immediately removed. There is another thread on the subject. Considering this is Utah, the odds are that she is Mormon, but there are others who are homophobic.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 12:51PM

This has made national news.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 01:56PM

I think one of the most hateful, narcissistic and power abusing women I ever met was my kids' second grade teacher. There are people who get into teaching because it strokes their ego to have a bunch of little minds to influence.

Any adult who picks on a helpless little kid should be publicly de-pantsed and paddled by Hafthor Bjornsson so they can experience being on the bottom end of the power dynamic.

She didn't have the courage in her narrow minded convictions to confront the dads about being gay/gay parenting so she hit them where it hurts, their son. Probably Mormon, passive aggressiveness is the biggest lesson in RS, after all.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 01, 2019 02:05PM

I miss my Dad so damn bad, bravo to anybody who has two of ‘em !

Posted by: 1001 Nightmares ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 07:16AM

He has one father and one stepfather, and this would be reflected in any custody battle.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.