Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 12:04PM

Maybe not impossible? Is real love a myth? Seen many bad relationships and divorces in my lifetime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 12:22PM

Don’t think about those bad relationships, Warrior. You wouldn’t learn to drive a car from someone who gets in a wreck every time they leave the driveway. Just watch couples who’ve got some longevity to their marriage. A lady once said, “It’s fun to grow old with someone.” It’s true.

Love is out there for you. My Pop found my mom when he was 47.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 12:58PM

My uncle who my dad never thought would ever get married found true love at age 65.

Date: December 02, 2019 12:51PM

It’s very possible that someone glances at you a lot when you’re not looking. They are just too shy to speak up.

Date: December 02, 2019 12:57PM

Yup. Look for those cute smiles and smile back and go from there.

Date: December 02, 2019 12:54PM

There is an old saying that goes if you can count your real friends on two hands you have done well. True friendship is rare and true love is even more rare.

All I can say is be yourself and be your better self and you might eventually find another comparable person that loves you.

You have to first love yourself and know yourself and then amazingly you do find compatible people. For me I had the best people fall into my life without even looking for it.

Date: December 02, 2019 03:25PM

It seems that one time you made a video that you posted here. I thought that with a little training you could have a great "radio voice." I wondered at the time if you had thought about a career in broadcasting.

It seems that you were wearing dark glasses, so we didn't get the entire view of your face. However, what we could see wasn't bad at all.

Like Rubicon said, get your smile out there.

Trust me. I'm an old lady. I know these things.

Posted by: Whistler in the Wind ( )
Date: December 05, 2019 06:08AM

It's never happened to me, but I have seen it happen to other people. My parents were very much in love, there were ways and means you could tell. Years after they died, I remember one of their friends told me that they were "made for each other".

In a world where marriages and relationships break down all the time, I was lucky enough to see one that did work at close quarters. So it can happen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.