Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 12:20PM

**I don't know if the family involved in this snowplow accident is LDS, but coming from Provo there's a strong possibility.

So you have a dad who is using a skid steer tractor to plow snow. I withheld any judgment until I read the full story. Somehow, I knew this was going to be a story about a small boy riding on the tractor and then being "thrown" off and run over. I googled Kubota skid steer tractor to confirm that it is indeed a one seater, small tractor. This dope of a dad not only had a 6 year riding with him, but a nine year old too!

Condolences to the family who were not riding along.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/utah-boy-6-dies-hes-162018035.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 12:20PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 01:22PM

No, Mormonism and reckless stupidity go hand in hand. Not that Mormons have an exclusive franchise on that. There is plenty in the rest of the world too. Tragedy is the result, not the cause.

That's how Mormons lose their entire life's savings in an investment scam.

That's how they break various body parts on backyard trampolines (what is it with Mormons and trampolines?) I had an Area Seventy relative who was jumping on a trampoline holding an infant. He lost his balance and fell. The baby was OK, but he broke his neck and was paralyzed.

The family TBMs were sure he would recover because he was given a blessing that said he would recover, and hell, he's almost a GA. I didn't know him personally (distant cousin), so I never asked, but I stopped hearing conversations after a year or so about how he was going to miraculously recover.

And of course this plowing accident with three people on a one seat plow vehicle. Accidents happen, and you can't avoid all risk, but some people really push their luck.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 02:13PM

Mormonism IS a tragedy.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 06:45PM

Another tragedy in today's paper - 9 of 12 people flying to Idaho Falls from a hunting trip in South Dakota died when the plane crashed on takeoff in blizzard like conditions in SD.

It was a 12 passenger plane, and only family members were listed, so I assume one of them was the pilot. It was a family-owned plane (or a corporate plane where the family owned the corporation).

So, fully loaded plane with a low-experience pilot flying in heavy snow and wind. Even commercial pilots cancel flights in conditions like that. Three survived the crash, so it must have crashed very soon after takeoff.

I'm not sure the family was LDS, but the names and the Idaho Falls destination sure sounded Mo. A tragedy, and almost certainly an unnecessary one. One more night in a hotel and the storm would be gone.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 07:33PM

Yeah, they were all LDS.
https://www.thechurchnews.com/members/2019-12-02/idaho-falls-family-plane-crash-south-dakota-168721

Very foolish to fly a single engine in those conditions and an amateur pilot. Probably thought "Heavenly Father" would protect them. He didn't.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 03:51AM

God needed them on the other side. Maybe he wanted in on their MLM.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 07:06PM

Yes, the family was a prominent LDS family in Idaho Falls.

It's on the AP news now:
https://apnews.com/957e091216f14fe7a8cb83c38bad3d0b

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 07:53PM

Anyone idiotic enough to be Mormon is idiotic enough to do anything stupid.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 08:06PM

I think it's a true phenomenon in Mormonism that folks are just not just used to thinking, critical analysis, weighing, assessing, etc. They rely so heavily on what to do by there local and general leaders, they just don't think for themselves. Plus they're indoctrinated to believe that the holy ghost, priesthood, and garments will protect them and their loved ones. Mormonism is a stupidity personified.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 12:32AM

Arizona news shows mormon wards out looking for one of the three children who were drowned in the flood flows.

not sure they are LDS, but it would appear so.

Father drove around barricades closing the road because it was flooded because he had a "military style vehicle".

Anyone who has lived in Arizona very long knows it is absolutely foolish to try and cross a flooded wash at flood stage.

Parents should be jailed for murder.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 05, 2019 12:35PM

Does the stupidity and carelessness ever stop?
Believe me you can't cure STUPID

Posted by: Yes the AZ couple is Mormon ( )
Date: December 06, 2019 02:58PM

I looked up the parents on facebook. They are mormon. They were really reckless driving into the Tonto basin. I don't know what the father, holder of the priesthood, was thinking. They paid the ultimate price losing 3 precious lives.
Parents should be jailed for murder for sure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.