Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 10:14PM

In my daily perusal of Salt Lake City obituaries, I saw one of a young man, who is just 40 years old.(young to me). There's a very lengthy obit and he apparently had a very succesful life with lots of business success. He was a great husband, father, co-worker, etc and served a mission which is listed as follows:

"He honorably served a Spanish-speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission."

The obituary has some lightness and humor to it and wonder if whoever wrote just wanted to make a joke about the church name. I'm not sure what the rules are for obituaries, but I'd have thought that the mortician would suggest that they use the correct spelling but couldn't force it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 11:53PM

Always wondered a bit how you "Hie" to Kolob. Maybe it's something like climbing a ladder.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 01:03AM

Sadder Day Saints just paid their tithings

The first Sunday is all about Blabber Day Saints

Bladder Day Saints wear Depends

Gladder Day Saints turn in their resignations

Mater Dei Saints are Catholic

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 06:25AM

They got to pay by the word, and obituaries are expensive. I've always liked the abreviation church of the MoMos. I wonder why that never caught on? :)

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 10:29AM

The Ladder-Day Saints are the members who are assigned to clean out the rain gutters at stake centers, ward buildings, and patch up holes in the roof, etc. instead of being assigned toilet scrubbing duties. Ladder Days are the last Saturday in March, June, September and December of every year.

All others are Toilet-Day Saints.

And none of them are Mormons.

Did everyone else miss the monthly "Light Pen Memo" from Rusty? I can't believe I'm the only one who knows these things.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 02:56PM

I can now tell my wife that she need look no further than her ward's of Ladder-Day Saints to string up her Christmas lights.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 06:33PM

Did it mention if he was a member of the "Extending Ladder Day Saints" or if he was part of the "Step Ladder Day Saints" denomination?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.