Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 02:07AM

Not for the 2nd coming or apocalypse.

It’s for the members exodus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 02:42AM

LOL, PapaKen, but there aren't that many members, in the first place.

Thanks for that article, Soft Machine. I hope Mr. 100 billion protesters could come out of tax-paying Americans who dislike crooks who cheat the American Government. I would love to see them march onto temple square, with the temple being all torn down, and barricade walls put up--what a powerful scene for media cameras! Maybe we will live to see that!

I hope Mr. Nielsen gets every dime out of his brave whistleblowing. So many of us are sick to death of the Mormons' lying and thievery and corruption. It is truly an evil cult. I wonder if he is still married, and if he has children at home. I am very afraid for him and his family! Very afraid!

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 02:43AM

On my mission in the 70’s one of the brethren said something like, “if the timeline of Jesus returning was a football game, we are in the one yard line”, with all this money the church has, does the church really need it? If I was still a tithe paying member, sacrificing and doing without I would say f you.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 05:39AM

Jesus will have more bling than Mr T.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 05:56AM

So Jesus wants the Mormon church to hoard money for him instead of giving it to the poor and needy. After all, even the Corporate sole (the legal owner of the church, ie: the Prophet) claims that the church really belongs to Jesus. Either there has been a coup and Jesus has been ousted, or Jesus is one greedy bastard who cares more about his money than he cares about his people. So which is it Mr. Nelson?

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:42AM

The "Lord's Anointed" come before the starving widows and orphans don't cha know.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:46AM

So, during the millennium, when the world and all its governments are crumbling, Ensign Peak Investment will be rock solid and passing out necessities to God's chosen people.

That'll be the day.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:50AM

Nah, the church will be passing out stock certificates and bonds. It will be like 1924 Germany, when people carried paper money home in wheelbarrows.

In both cases the paper will serve admirably in the outhouses that have replaced indoor toilets now that the public water supply has stopped flowing.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 10:57AM

If Jesus does come back he should be pissed!

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:12AM

Alas, this is much ado about nothing when you realize that the $100 billion is not for the benefit of the church, but for those whose tithing went into it.

The blessing is in the giving; and in order for the blessing to be given, it must be received, and that is the responsibility the church has taken upon itself for its tithing members.

/sarcasm off

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:15AM

Who has access to what is backing up their blessing accounts? Not the payers.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:23AM

But that is why Mormons are so keen to reach the CK, for it is only there that they will receive their full blessings for what they have tithed. It matters not what the church does with their tithings, only that an honest tithing was paid.

At least, that's how I've interpreted what my in-laws have told me since this news broke. I've had a hard time keeping a straight face as they try to downplay this story.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:39AM

LD$ Inc. always falls back on the mantra "no tithing money was involved". They are very good at laundering tithing money.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 17, 2019 11:47AM

The church is at the point where they actually don't need anyone in the pews.

They just need a few people in roles that maintain the business. The business (aka church) will perpetuate itself indefinitely just from the investment earnings.

They can go on pretending it is about masses of people and Jesus and all that, but really, the members are just frosting that they use to look legitimate. They wouldn't have any problem operating as a hollow religion and would go on basically investing in any way they want.

They can do it with the blessing of the public who apparently loves to subsidize and protect religious fleecing. Wake up, people. Religions need to have stricter rules and thresholds for how they operate. They have no accountability for the pretend product they sell.

I suppose people like it when their religion is powerful because then they can influence the laws the way they want and impose their beliefs on others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.