Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 03:46AM

This was a sad article. I haven't been on here much in the past 10 years, so I don't know if she is out and posts here or not. But I hope she has left by now.

https://www.the-exponent.com/living-in-silence/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 03:49AM

My SLC ward on the east side wasn't as bad perhaps. Or maybe I was allowed more being as I wasn't Queer. But I'm sure I probably said more than what she got called in for.

When Utah was voting on an amendment to make marriage between a man and a woman, I got the the polling place at the same time as the EQ Pres. I told him that I was going to cancel out his vote.

Posted by: cl2 not logged in ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 09:34AM

I'll have to share this on fb eventually maybe. I need to. Probably today. I don't care which mormons unfriend me. They know my story.

My daughter at age 14 is the first one who came out as her dad being gay. It gave us all freedom to come out. AND NOW she is the TBM, but she "accepts" him. She did tell me after seeing Bohemian Rhapsody that people don't understand how complex being gay is. I was afraid it would go right over her head. There were so many parallels to our own lives in that movie.

This needs to be shouted from the rooftops. This message she writes. We were told to live in silence even if the leaders knew he was gay. I was not to tell anyone, especially not my parents. Life would have been different had I told my parents.

Oh well. Somehow we've made it HERE. A lot of damage has been done to all of us, the whole family and even extended family. There is ONE BIG THING I CAN SAY, my experience has impacted many in our family and our friends. My sister has a grandson who is gay and he is well accepted in the family. My good friends have a gay son. My neighbors 2 doors down (one of the last bishops), there son is gay. I don't know if they know, but we know. He is suffering at BYU. He hasn't come out to us, but he always came over to visit us. It was interesting.

I saw in Lowe's they had a rainbow Christmas tree. One of those blow-up lawn ornament things that are huge. I had to have it. It was the only one left. I'm giving it to my "husband" for Christmas and I will make sure he puts it in the yard on Christmas Day.

The damage they have done to the gays in the church and their families is astronomical.

Posted by: cl2 not logged in ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 09:36AM

so I must say I just did it in my own post!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 10:39AM

The Mormon church leaders are very glad to take your time (volunteer efforts) and your money but also wants to police your thoughts. How very nice for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.