Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 30, 2019 10:41PM

"Daily Mail reports:

A 19-year-old man has been arrested for killing a suspected paedophile priest by ramming a crucifix down his throat and suffocating him.

Alexandre V., who is alleged to have been abused by the priest, attacked the 91-year-old Catholic Roger Matassoli while working at the holy figure’s home in Agnetz, Oise, northern France.

Alexandre, whose full name has not been published, was arrested while he tried to escape in the father’s car and charged with torture, murder and resisting arrest."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 31, 2019 11:54AM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 31, 2019 12:37PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 31, 2019 05:33PM

did he died OPie ? ~

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: December 31, 2019 09:55PM

Sounds pretty ghoulish. And like he still has some work to do.

Date: December 31, 2019 10:15PM

enough that all the work in the world will never be enough. I can't imagine being children of priest sex abuse or any sex abuse, but by a church leader of all people! I know I would never have been okay after something like that. I'm not okay with what I've been through and it doesn't come close to what these people have been through.

Date: December 31, 2019 10:25PM

I was being flip because I really think his behavior towards his persecutor was obscene.
Being abused does not strip someone of their humanity. Because he was abused does not mean he is exempt from responsibility for behaving morally.
By behaving this way he forfeited his humanity.

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 11:10PM

CateS Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
> By behaving this way he forfeited his humanity.

This is exactly the sort of thing only humans do, that is, plan out and enact revenge on their persecutors, sometimes in ironically apropos fashion.

I have a minor issue in that the victim/attacker was 19 and the old man was 90+ so it was hardly a fair fight.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 02, 2020 12:35AM

Killing is rarely a good thing, though.

Date: January 02, 2020 10:59PM

I was referring to the other meaning for humanity.

I fail to understand the purpose for or benefit of acting on one’s desire for bloodlust.

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 11:11PM

For some reason I picture in my mind one of those large-size crucifixes that you hang on a wall but I suspect the weapon in question may just have been a small sized one, part of a rosary that the old man might've been wearing at the time of the attack.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 02, 2020 12:37AM

Disturbing for sure. And then you have The Exorcist. Time to close the cracked window to my messed up mind.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 02, 2020 10:37AM

I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to know the abuser would die of old age having gotten away with it and that abusers are still receiving the protection from the Church overall.

I don't know if the victim tried going to police. He probably had no way to prove anything. I don't know the details of this situation but the victims usually get the short end of the stick.

Revenge is a powerful drive. It's tragic that the victim acted out with murder. What a horrible story all around.

Date: January 02, 2020 03:53PM

I don't know that I could kill someone who had abused me. I do believe I could kill someone who abused my child even if he is 91.

My boyfriend was discussing guns last night and he had told his son that if he has a gun, he needs to decide if he really could kill someone like the guy at the church in Texas. I told him if someone was going to hurt my child, I could kill them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.