Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: December 31, 2019 11:03PM

Spoke to a couple of different very dedicated Mormon friends today after the shooting in Ft. Worth. FB saw several LDS friends post as to the importance of the 2nd amendment. One said she didn't care what the church policy was, she was carrying everywhere. "What are they going to do? Slap my hand?" A second, in the bishopric, said his bishop was very 'by the book' and stressed the no gun policy and how he supported church leadership and their decision. My friend, 2nd Councilor, said he didn't have the same faith in their decision. He also knows of several that he 'highly suspects' carry at his building.
His explanation of their security policy, which I laughed at, was to position a man at each unlocked (2) entrance at all times. What?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 02:34AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 03:28AM by kathleen.

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 09:32AM

And the point is?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 01:14PM

My TBMMMMMMMM friend was angry at the no-gun policy after a GA recently came to his ward to speak and brought armed security with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 01:16PM by kathleen.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 03:01PM

LDS Church Security is armed to protect the Brethren. LDS chapels are instructed to do the opposite.

Inspired? Consistent? Permanent?

If an armed intruder committed mass murder in a Stake Conference, and a copycat duplicated the deed...a revelation would follow, as surely as the dead Saints who failed to cross the plains, as commanded by God.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 05:51PM

"they" either deserved it, or were being tested. Either way, win-win for the church, in that their hands remain spotless.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 04:14PM

Anything that alienates the church leadership from the members is great. If the members start to feel the church leadership are no different than a bunch of politicians who believe they are entitled to armed security but the public is not all the better.

The members paid for those church buildings with their tithing donations but yet a few leaders have all the say of what goes on inside them. The members need to wake up to the fact they are donating to a corporation that they have no legal holdings or votes. They are being duped out of their time and money.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:25PM

CHL ?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:33PM

I guessed Chelsie Handler and it made enough sense for me to just move on.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:34PM

Canadian hockey league ?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 09:26PM

Chihuahua-Holding Lamanite?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.