Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 04:18AM

Now that's a formal party I would love to go to!

Happy New Year to you, too Susan I/S!

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 06:34PM

And, from me, I hope you all have a Happy New Year.

I spent the new year snuggled in my own bed, but I heard a ruckes going on through the block behind me.

My street is quiet and full of considerate neighbors--except for a self-centered man who lives across the street from me and down a house or two.

This man has been having extensive work done on his home. In the process of this, his laborer's are using a portable out-house with the name "Andy Gump" on it.

As it so happens, some 20 yrs. before this, I had a job at a free (for the church poor) food store. A man near by had a sort-of ranch, and often droped by to donate food to our cause. He was tall and very friendly, and showed my a piece of the Berlin wall he had acquired under Reagon's reign. He also told me that when he asked someone what he should call his new invention, and he was told, "Are you kidding? You couldn't get a name better than the one you have."

Anyway, I thought of him during the redue of my neighbor's house, and even went accross the street to let the workers know there really was an Andy Gump (whose name is on the green painted out-house of this facility). The worker I talked to told me these were used "all over town".

This makes me wonder if he is still alive--I am, but then, women often outlive men.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:07PM

AndyGump.com

The Family Business:
Andy Gump© Temporary Site Services is a Southern California success story with a five-decade history. Now welcoming the third generation into the business, our family-owned company still reflects the core values of our founder, Massena “Andy” Gump.

There's a photo of Andy and his wife: https://andygump.com/about-us

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:12PM

I hope they named at least one of their children "Forrest." They owe that to the world.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 06:47PM

Happy New Year, to you, Susan, and one and all! Can you believe that it's 2020? It seems like the future has arrived.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 08:00PM

Looks like they all had fun!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 09:23PM

Happy New Year to you Susan. Enjoy.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 09:34PM

I missed out on this year's Happy New Year greetings!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 11:18PM

Happy New Year !!

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 12:34AM

Happy New Year to you all. Seventeen years ago in early December I discovered RFM. The first night I stayed up until after 2:30 am reading and laughing. What a joy it was.

Thanks to all you RFM'ers for you wisdom, support and good advice, and for your wonderful humor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.