Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 04:03PM

Past prophets said the fullness of the gospel had been restored. It was a done deal. We had all the priesthood keys and ordinances to be a fully restored gospel.

Now President Nelson says we have an ongoing restoration. That’s a clever way of saying the church can constantly adapt and change. If you think about it you either have a restored church or you don’t. What Nelson really is saying is the church isn’t a restoration of anything but it just changes and adapts to survive.

What he really is saying is follow him and ignore all the changes and past history of the church. Follow the leader is the first and only commandment of the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 05:21PM

and realized they said that God never changed and yet the church kept changing, especially when they changed the temple ordinances (not like I bought into those previous versions of ordinances). Nelson is so ridiculous. All of them are, but Nelson just rubs me the wrong way! His face and voice just make me cringe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 05:21PM by cl2.

Date: January 01, 2020 05:34PM

I love Nelson. Most the other prophets were too old, too sick or smart enough to know the less they did the better. Nelson actually believes he’s God’s prophet and he’s married to a 30 years younger weirdo than him with equal views of grandeur.

It’s the perfect disaster and they guy is healthy enough where he might live another ten years. Think of all the damage he could do.

Date: January 01, 2020 05:38PM

Ha! Now the endowment has become a problem for them because it’s too long. They get to where the church is almost out of names to baptize and they are backlogged on endowments. The temple was a disaster from the get go. The more they change it the more it looks like the joke it is.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 05:57PM

I bet it all started off as a way for them all to get nekkid.

Then it all got spoiled by the ones taking it seriously, believing that ghawd might not get it right if there weren't tokens distributed and signs developed as if Heaven needed security measures put in place to protect its sovereignty!

mormons are SO limited in their thinking!

Date: January 01, 2020 08:52PM

Wash and anoint the women. Bring them nekked to Joe and Brigham. Make them swear a blood oath of secrecy.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 01:54AM

for special members of the church who had shown signs of having less monogamous inclinations than the mainstream culture. Joe, who definitely had those less-than-usual monogamous inclinations, pretended to get a revelation whereby he could reward (for personal gain and political purposes) those people in the community whose loyalty could be bought with promises of God-sanctioned promiscuity. It was a two-edged sword, in that it rewarded those who desired a non-monogamous lifestyle, while also joining them at the hip (so to speak) with Joseph Smith's interests. If he was exposed, they would be exposed. If he went down, they would go down.

Of course the bloody oaths of secrecy, combined with graphic gestures of disembowelment, throat-slitting and heart-ripping "penalties" fit perfectly in the context of a super-secret, exclusive swinger's club, the existence of which was always publicly denied by Joseph Smith while it was going on.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:49AM

SCENE: Interior, renovated SALT LAKE TEMPLE, 2050. Ten years after its most recent overhaul, the temple interior is now one giant IMAX screening room. The baptismal FOUNT still exists in the basement, but has been boarded over and no entry is allowed.

Temple Patron #1: Golly, I sure do love coming here!

Temple Patron #2: Me too! I wonder which version we'll get today?

*They take their seats. After a few trailers for action films, the MOVIE begins. It is one of 25 cast versions produced by the church that play continuously in temples worldwide*

Temple Patron #1: Did you remember to pick up your token at the door?

Temple Patron #2: Sure did! How about you?

Temple Patron #1: Got it right here!

*In their hands are small plastic TOKENS, engraved with the name of a deceased person and the full text of the heavenly passwords in tiny letters*

*50 minutes later*

Temple Patron #1: Never gets old, does it?

Temple Patron #2: I hope we get the "Nicole Kidman's reanimated corpse as the devil" version next time! I love that one!

Temple Patron #1: Me too! But the Rock as Adam is a close second! He doesn't look a day over 25!

*As they leave, they toss their TOKENS into a plastic RECEPTACLE at the door. Two more SOULS have been saved*

Temple Patron #1: That was easy!

END SCENE

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 05:47PM

for ordinances for the dead. Her MIL had most of them go do baptisms yesterday because from now on the card they have the names on will be shredded rather than get all the ordinances done per one card as there have been too many repeated on the same person. I am like, "I thought they did do them over and over again for the same person," but I didn't say anything. Sounds like there is something else going on, a coverup for doing the same name over and over again?

You are correct. I should see it as how much more damage can Nelson do. That is what I should be looking at. Those 2 are so full of feelings of being royal.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 08:25PM

About the time that I went through for my endowment (just after the 1990 changes) I followed my Mom over to records center at the Oakland temple. She proudly requested the "Goop" family file to inquire about which temple work was needed. Also, it was around this time that the church became stingy and required families to do their own temple work (ie. If my Uncle John needed to be baptized and then an initiatory, then it was up to us family to get it done.)

Prior to this, all the names that needed some temple work to be completed were put into a general list for anybody to do. This new policy was supposed to make endowed members go again and again to the temple.

The Goop ancestral file was presented and it was largely blank!

My Mom hit the ceiling. She flipped out!

Additional brethren were rounded up (like a herd of feeble in cheap white polyester suits were going to calm her down). All of them kept telling her to calm down and that arguments were not permitted inside the house of the Lord. My Mom held her ground. She told them that their records were WRONG!

Neither side would budge so my Mom left the counter. The seven brethren just stood there bewildered. About 15 minutes later she marched in with her well worn, bulging accordion style portfolio. She was now wearing her Sunday dress. She huffed it onto the counter and began spreading out her personal family group sheets.

They were dumbfounded. She told several of them to grab a pen and pad and start writing down here correct data.

It did no good. She later accepted that the work needed to be redone. Back to the mormon treadwheel.

Date: January 01, 2020 09:01PM

Hitler was doing more damage to the Third Reich with his crazy decisions that it was decided not to take Hitler out but let him self-destruct.

Napoleon said never get in the way of your enemy’s self destruction.

Let’s hope Russell M Nelson remains in good health and keeps charging forward with his big plans for the church.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 09:22PM

You know it’s bad when exmos pray for Russell M Nelson to have a long and healthy life.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 07:16PM

As I look back on my 84 years on the planet I don't think I ever bought the whole taco!
Too many things just didn't compute

Date: January 01, 2020 09:05PM

I think a large percentage of the church feels that way. It keeps going because people don’t want to be marginalized within their families. What the church leaders fear is a snowball effect of people leaving the church. They are worried about an avalanche of exits.

Date: January 01, 2020 09:14PM

They seem to think the temple is the card they can play to keep the church going. What they are going to do is burn people out on the temple and it no longer is the grand mystery or the super holy place you occasionally visit. Going to the temple used to be like going to the emerald city to meet Oz. They will make going to the temple like grabbing a stale burger at a national food chain. Instead of the Golden Arches there is the golden Moroni.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 08:47PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the church leaders fear is a snowball effect
> of people leaving the church. They are worried
> about an avalanche of exits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ
Rubicon (and the rest of you--especially Ziller!):

Keep on dancing!

Date: January 06, 2020 12:22PM

I’m dancing up a storm and what’s great is I noticed lot’s of young Mormons are jumping into the dance party and many others are trying to muster the courage to join in.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 11:14PM

“84 years on the planet”

So in 10 years you’ll be old enough to run the church.

Date: January 03, 2020 11:25PM

I was buying the taco, but like so many, I added my own Saucie to it.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 01:28PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was buying the taco, but like so many, I added
> my own Saucie to it.

Did that improve the taco?

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 06:48PM

Hmm, Elderdog, Saucie is a good name for a good sauce. I still haven’t found a good sauce or salsa at any restaurant.I want a sauce/ salsa , where they have to keep filling the bowl. I’ve only had a few salsas that I liked in my whole lifetime, and that’s a lot.

Date: January 05, 2020 07:48PM

El Farolito restaurant, 201 S. Bedford Ave., Placentia, CA 92870 makes there’s fresh daily and they know to bring me a bowl.

Date: January 06, 2020 12:26PM

I added my sauce from my little factory. I thought Boyd K Packer was wrong. Why would God give us a factory if he didn’t want us to use it? I upped the production in mine and told the church to bugger off when they said I shouldn’t use my factory without their consent.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 09:15PM

Now that the blood oaths have been removed from the endowment ceremony and the ceremony is more g-rated these days, maybe the church could help endowments catch up with baptisms by letting twelve-year-olds do the proxy endowments. They could hand out candy in the celestial room to encourage more kids to attend. They could put carnival rides in the temple parking lot and require a full endowment ceremony to be completed for each new ride. They could give out the ride tickets in the celestial room along with the candy. Times are a changing. I laugh at how the church dumbed-down the endowment ceremony to go with the times (as in 'we can't get away with this throat-slashing stuff anymore'). Let the kids do it now that it appears to be g-rated.

Date: January 01, 2020 09:20PM

Anything is possible. It’s all part of the ongoing restoration. I guess the temple is like Disneyland. It’s never finished. You keep replacing the old stuff with new stuff but still keep the nostalgia of the place.

They could make a temple ride where you look in the mirror and see the spirits that you just did the temple work for. Ha! Ha!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 12:39AM

It's more like the Winchester Mystery House. All that building has to constantly be going on, to appease the dead spirits who are demanding their body-ceremonies be done for them, because they have no bodies. Yes, elderolddog and rubicon are right, it's all about the Mormon cult using our bodies. I never found anything remotely spiritual, uplifting, or mentally satisfying about the Mormon cult. Get dunked in water, wear the underwear, wear white shirts or skirts, get washed and oiled in the temple, Perform the switching around of costumes and the secret handshakes. It was all so boring, and devoid of Love, and stifling to the romance of Christianity. Now, there's no continuity, tradition, mystery, anticipation, privilege (anyone can lie to get into the temple) or reward (we can't be "forever" with our gay loved ones, or Dearies who have tattoos or don't go on missions or aren't married in the temple or....)

Ongoing destruction. Pulverize all the detailed ornamentation, and replace it with fake plywood facades, because it's cheaper and more uniform. Restorations don't have to last very long--isn't the world going to end soon, anyway?

Posted by: dominion ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 12:45AM

"Mormon superiority is prone to constant adjustment, like any false reality."

Brilliant!

I agree that Mormonism is all about bodies.

And money, and advertising hype, and recruiting, and the material, superficial stuff. My soul, heart, and mind were shriveling up in starvation mode, in that cult.

I doubt if anyone can restore Love and Christ and virtue back into the Mormon cult. It's just too late.

Date: January 03, 2020 03:13PM

follow the fold and stray no more
PRAY some more PAY some more
follow the fold and BROKE YOU GO
follow follow the fold
And don't forget to pay pay pay

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 03:33PM

The fullness of the hoax is under development. What was once racism is now sexism. Mormon superiority is prone to constant adjustment, like any false reality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 03:33PM by donbagley.

Date: January 03, 2020 08:01PM

If we have the "fullness of the gospel" does that not preclude continuing revelation?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 09:58PM

mormonism is the literal devil OPie ~

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: January 04, 2020 02:09PM

The biggest announcements at GC:

- Temples
- New GAs

Date: January 06, 2020 12:43PM

Pretty much. I’m sure Russ’s hype about the April conference will be a big letdown. Maybe they will admit that Joseph ate some mushrooms in the woods and had a hallucination.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 06:55PM

My endless money pit car is an ongoing restoration.

Date: January 06, 2020 12:37PM

Ha! The Salt Lake temple has been an expensive money pit it’s whole existence. The church went into debt finishing it. The church could get the granite for free and volunteers quarried, carved and laid the stone. The problem became when the church had to purchase hardwoods, lighting, furnishings and everything else it had to purchase with money to finish the temple.

How much is the current remodel going to to cost? I guess the church has made enough in the stock market that they can cash in and put the money into these temples. I guess they figure the markets are close to the peak so cash out and put the money into tangibles. Hence temple remodels and building.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 10:32PM

Most of the changes and "revelations" that have occurred in the past 100 years or more have been to undo, delete, cancel, invalidate and reverse the "revelations" and decisions of past "prophets".

Sure, they can pick sites for new temples. But those are just real estate acquisitions and development decisions.

Just about everything else is a figurative slap in the face of a past prophet.

The "Manifesto" for all practical purposes cancelled out Joe's and Briggy's "New and Everlasting Covenant" revelations, policies and practices.

Heber J. Grant's twisted twist on the Word of Wisdom completely altered Joseph Smith's original version. A suggestion became a commandment. Hot drinks became nothing more or less than coffee and tea, regardless of temperature. And most of the "Word of Wisdom" became completely irrelevant because Heber was only concerned about alcohol, tobacco, coffee and tea and marijuana and hard drugs.

The temple rituals supposedly "restored" by Joseph Smith have only been changed by way of wholesale deletions. Nothing new of any significance has been added.

So, folks, for the past 100 years, the LSD Church has really been doing nothing more than engaging in a massive deletion of the restoration. But the sheep don't even notice. So some things stay the same.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.