Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 08:37PM

"Women are not destined to be coy or passive in the mating game. When they are the more numerous sex, they engage in sometimes fierce competition among themselves for the few available mates. Exhibit A might be Schacht’s home base, Utah, dominated by the Mormon Church. Such is the nature of Mormonism that men are apt to leave it while women are more likely to convert to it, and stay Mormon. That gives the community a strongly female-heavy sex ratio. It also gives Utah a wildly disproportionate rate of plastic surgery procedures—with higher rates of breast implants, nose jobs, all kinds of facial surgery, and Botox injections, even among college students."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/nation-wimps/201510/the-mating-game-is-changing-and-you-wont-believe-how

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 10:34PM

Back in "the old days" if a girl couldn't find a mate in her home ward or stake they went on a mission. Sounds like now they just go to the plastic surgeon.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 11:27PM

well, damn!

And here I thought that along with being an RM, that I had a certain 'je n'ais ce quoi' animal magnetism that made me such a hit at the Y! But all the time it was just a mangled sellers' market.

I hope my ego will be able to handle this letdown...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 01, 2020 11:36PM

Hey, you got the girl so stop your whining!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 02, 2020 10:24AM

My daughter either and many other girls. We don't fit the mold that mormon men seem to want. Independent, earned more than the men in the ward (per the bishop who told me not to tell them how much I earned). I dated quite a few mormon guys after I found out my "boyfriend" was gay. We were still working on that through the leaders and I was a complete mess and all of a sudden mormon men were asking me out. But they never came through. Glad they didn't. I think being married to one of them would have been worse than what happened to me. Two of them didn't get married until they were in their 50s. My marriage was already over and my kids were 10 years old.

I did start dating a mormon at that time that wasn't like other mormon guys. He was an ex-druggie and his sister was my roommate. He had just come home from a late mission and we hit it off. My "boyfriend" (we didn't let anyone know we were really seeing each other or what was going on) was afraid I'd marry this other guy and I probably would have (damn). But he was NOT your typical mormon.

My daughter had the same problems. She is extremely independent and it had to be a really great guy who found her and he did. He waited 7 years for her to figure it out. He is perfect for her and she for him. She will be the breadwinner and he'll be the Mr. Mom. She told me last night that he isn't needy (like my boyfriend is) and that she is the needy one and he takes care of her. I was shocked to hear this.

I know far too many single mormon young women who are in their 30s who will probably never marry because they won't look outside of mormonism. They are all really independent and own their own homes, etc. Not a chance in hell in mormonism. My daughter was 33 when she finally got married and he is 33.

And my daughter nor I were "special spirits." My daughter is beautiful. Long blonde hair, perfect shape. Her husband's aunt, who had never met her, told her at the temple, "You are SO BEAUTIFUL!" She is. But she wasn't mormon men material. We've lived by her husband's family for 33 years and know them well. I believe that is how they found each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 10:26AM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.