Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 10:12AM

My elderly mother mentions a lot lately that the "young men" bring her the sacrament when she can't make it to church. I don't remember this from my days in the fast food service.

Has sacrament "to go" always been a thing? I wanted so badly to ask if she tipped the delivery guy 10% and if you can order any sides with the "take out." But of course, that pesky thing called "respect" kept me from doing it. Also they are all very good to her. The old farming towns are still a bit nicer I think.

Someone needs to write "extra cheese in the crust" on Rusty's note pad. Wendy? You there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 12:05PM

That's a thing for housebound or sick members. I've heard of it being done for decades. I got the impression is wasn't every week though.

You're on to something though. The trend is for everyone to think anything they want should be delivered to their door. Why not have salvation delivered or better yet, get saved online.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 03:01PM

I would expect that a measurement took place in the corporate mind of the individual(s) involved in judging her ‘worthiness’ to receive this blessing which involved how much money she had in the bank.

Date: January 03, 2020 03:04PM

Haha. Amazon delivering your sacrament. Love it.

And how long before the Temple Ceremony is on Netflix?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 03:11PM

The temple ceremony is on Netflix: —-“What We Do in The Shadows.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 02:10AM by kathleen.

Date: January 03, 2020 03:17PM

Hahahahahahhh hhhhhaaaaa!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 12:22PM

In the "apostate" churches that's been a priest's job for 2,000 years--visiting the sick and administering the eucharist.
Now, if the bishop would visit and check up on her, that'd be another thing, but in this day of TSCC, I wouldn't expect a higher up to visit unless he was trying to convince her to put TCOTPOTCOJCOLDS in her will.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 12:34PM

To the admins:

I’m sorry I posted something here that had to be deleted. I knew it was inappropriate, but I couldn’t resist. ;)

Let’s see if this is acceptable:

If I eat the body of Christ, will I later expel holy crap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 03:06PM by CrispingPin.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 12:46PM

Nobody ever did this. My mother actually felt completely forgotten by the church, so she tucked a note in her tithing envelope just to bring it to the attention of the bishop that they are still there and don't want to be forgotten. She never heard a thing.

The bishop came by to visit when my mother died. He didn't know my dad at all, never met him. He did give a short talk at the funeral, but that was it for BOTH funerals. We didn't want strangers giving talks. He said things that didn't sound like our father.

Personally, if someone had come by with the sacrament, both my mom and dad would have gone along with it, but would have been uncomfortable with it.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 03, 2020 01:16PM

I did this in the late 1940's for homebound members

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.