Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 09:52AM

A mildly amusing thought that would really knock the wind out of mormons' sails. Wouldn't it be nice if god called Rusty home just before the church kicks off its April celebration of the first vision?

I only know that my Mom thinks Nelson is wonderful, but it has nothing to do with his lack of charm, charisma or warmth. No, she likes him because he is making lots of changes (rearranging furniture) and that has become more interesting than creating new doctrine or trying to understand the teachings of Jesus Smith.

Now I want to make it clear that I do not wish any harm on any person. No, I only would like a slight, major disruption in the LDS Corp leadership so their glorious April conference would be a dud.

I truly feel that 2020 is going to be a bummer for ex-mos who have to deal with sky-high mormon kites so full of the joseph smith crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 10:29AM

Only the good die young.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 11:13AM

Do I wish harm on any person? Yes. There's one living in my house that I used to want harm to fall on him. He asks me when he'll have paid the price for the karma that he has earned. We get along great now, so not a big deal. I could harm him and I choose not to. It would kill him if I took half his pension. We have a deal.

Harm to Rusty. He's old. Time to go. Time to claim his great reward. He should be running towards the exit. I would be at that age. My dad was ready to die at 76 and he told me not to feel bad. My boyfriend's dad died at 91 and he was WAITING to go and ready to go. It isn't bad to wish for some old fellow who has done "so much good" in the world to claim his reward is it?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 11:54AM

I wonder if Wendy or Sheri will give him a gentle boost into the hereafter like Brigham Young allegedly got. Im sure the funeral would cost more than Australia will ever get outta that bunch. And why couldn’t the Pope have slapped Rusty’s hand ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 11:54AM by kathleen.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 12:10PM

Rusty is the girls’ stepping stone to glory, so those two will do all they can to keep him functioning!

I wonder if Rusty has figured that out yet?

They may be working on a Rusty the Robot so that he never dies! Because once he’s gone, the new prophet will have Mrs. & Mrs. Dew back peeling potatoes in the lowest kitchen of mormondom he and his enablers can find.

Those girls have really learned to love Rusty; no mormon man has ever been better to them.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 01:47PM

The mighty twelve kept Monson around long after his expiration date as an effective leader so why shouldn't Rusty get the same treatment?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 07:20PM

Weekend at Benson’s? They’re probably drooling over that $100B. Literally. There’s nothing like an auto pen and a leader who is practically a vegetable.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 08:07PM

Anybody remember the 1961-ish movie "El Cid" ?

As I remember, they propped military leader, El Cid, up on his horse dead (El Cid, not the horse) and sent him out to battle that way, 'cause everybody was a-feared of him.

*Edited to correct spelling. Thank you, Caffiend and EOD. :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 10:03PM by kathleen.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 05, 2020 09:43PM

El Cid

Sophia Loren, who had won a best actress Oscar that same year for “Two Women”. Oh, yeah, Charlton Heston was El Cid.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 04:12PM

"Weekend at Rusty's"

Meanwhile, I think 2020 will make the various versions of the First Vision more prominent and talked about. The Q15 should be careful what they wish for. They may be in for a bumpy ride.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 06:22PM

This sounds like a modest proposal more than a mildly amusing thought.

If Krustsell Mmmm Nihilison died right before the second coming of the First Vision of the umpteenth rewriting of The Restoration it would be seen as prescient. Krustsell just beaming up to beatification. The Pope might attend his blessed funeral.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.