Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 01:56PM

Proof God exists is in the pudding up with watching the same God damned movie over and over again until you are saved from it by death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 02:15PM

I only did about 4 endowment sessions. The sealings were beyond bizarre.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 02:50PM

It is no wonder why temple workers are always so slowly and cross!

Elderly Mormons brag about their callings to do temple work, like it is something special, for the elite members. I see nothing positive in this. The ones I know have foot problems and back problems from standing for long periods of time. (We all know you aren't supposed to sit on the furniture in the temple.) I know only women, and they have laundry duty, constant clean-up of the women's bathrooms and dressing rooms, keeping an eye on the lockers (which are still broken into, even though they lock), standing and herding the lines or people into their chairs, helping people dress and undress and dress and undress, etc. They have to be "promoted" into more lofty positions of being the ones who dab oil on (or is it just "near", now) people's private bits, and mutter the memorize standard chant. I had a friend who's husband was the Temple President--very lofty, indeed! I asked her what her title was, and she said, "Matron." That describes it. She had to do all the mundane mopping-up, herding, and babysitting old people. This president's wife was an amazing person, but she didn't live very long, after that, and died at age 70. It took the president husband three months to find a replacement wife, and marry her in the temple.

These temple workers have already gone on senior missions. Some couples have gone on several senior missions, but are now too old or have health problems. When they are released from their temple callings, the next step before death is to do the ordinance work as proxies for the dead, and be pestered to leave their estates to the LDS, Inc. billion-dollar mountain of assets.

Can you imagine being a temple matron/worker 6 days a week? Or even one day? Then imagine being 75 years old and doing that....

No wonder some Mormons welcome death.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 02:51PM

Edit". Temple workers are "scowling" and cross. IMO, they are depressed.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 02:54PM

Endure to the end, brothers and sisters! Endure to the end!

Date: January 06, 2020 05:58PM

Endure till the temple veil does rend.

And Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed His last. Then the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. (Mark 15:37–38)

It will take killing God again before those false prophets will bend.

Temples of the dead replaced a temple of flowing blood. Nothing warm an fuzzy about temples to Jesus.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 03:16PM

If you allow your church callings to make you especially miserable now, the payoff in the next life will be HUGE!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 03:26PM

I worked on an assembly line when I was younger and they would rotate us into different jobs to try and alleviate the boredom.

I found the temple to be just like working on the line. The temple is no different than working on high tech assembly line. You come in. You go to the locker room and change into your work clothes. Then you go into the assembly area which is kept extra clean and you wear a hat and special covering so you don't contaminate the place.

You do your best to repeat what the instructors showed you to do. You might watch a movie as part of the instructional process. Your performance is monitored. You have to have a special ID card to get in. If you screw up too much they take the card away and you can't get in.

Date: January 06, 2020 06:51PM

Apt metaphor. If only the dead could appreciate the boredom of the Mormon factory.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 04:57PM

Exactly. Except, they don't pay you. You pay them.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 05:07PM

No product. No visual satisfaction. No numbers to track your progress, because all that is hidden from you. You are scolded for leaving early, or holding things up, or having to go to the bathroom during the session. Workers are criticized for taking days off. People get nothing but criticism, and pushing to do more. More of what?

Date: January 06, 2020 05:04PM

Brigham City temple. My disabled brother goes there quire often to do baptisms for the dead from names they give him at the genealogy library. It gives him something to do besides watch TV. He tells me who works there from our past.

The girl who does my hair, 33 years old, is the daughter of our good friends. She isn't married (lots of not married mormon girls). She works one night a week at the temple. She said they have been told not to be PICKY as people have complained about how irritable all the old ladies are. I can attest to that fact from my experiences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2020 05:05PM by cl2.

Date: January 06, 2020 06:54PM

She is probably a blessing and light unto those who in their darkness seek to disturb the dead for the stock piling of billions for the living.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 07, 2020 12:34AM

I never understood what these members were talking about during F/T. The temple scared the heck out of me because I honestly loathed attending. I hated the long drive and traffic jams getting there. I never felt peace there, just a lot of anxiety. I never enjoyed a single visit. You were rushed into the changing room, rushed into a waiting area. When you finished, you were told to move along out of the celestial room. If you smiled or mildly chuckled in the changing room, you were told to stop.

Nothing changed during the endowment, nor was there any further explanation given. The temple was too sacred to be discussed anywhere. You made a promise to not ask questions.

Date: January 07, 2020 10:14AM

One doesn't have a lot of opportunities in modern life to bow one's head and say "yes." Feels new and humbling every time. Abject submission has a way of teaching people something new every time.

Date: January 07, 2020 11:14AM

I can't say I saw changes in the endowment because I never did the endowment after 1990. My husband took me to the temple just so I could see the changes they made as he said I might like it better, which is when they pulled me aside to do sealings to a strange man. It was mind-blowing. I tend to take things literally. It made my marriage seem artificial to do all these sealings to this odd guy who acted as though he was my husband.

I had a lot of weirdos (I'm sorry, but they were) who stalked me in the singles ward and otherwise. I just had a stalker a few years ago who finally left me alone after he put in a bid on a contract for my husband where he works. He showed up when I was there visiting my husband and his workers. My husband took one look at my face and knew who it was. He never bothered me again.

Anyway, I got to do sealings to someone who looked at me like he had found his next victim. It was mind-blowing and I had 40 minutes to sit in the foyer (and they didn't rush me out) and I never went back.

The temple was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. It was a horrible experience.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.