Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 10:12AM

The entire worth of the British Royal family, property, jewels, everything is estimated to be 88 billion. The church has 100 billion. Let that sink in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 11:01AM

Wow.

I never would have imagined that this could be so.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 06:32AM

The Queen still has a better rock collection.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 08:10AM

Good one! Ha!

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 08:55AM

what a place the world would be if they'd just all go abdicate and get jobs.

Aint gunna happen. the great motivator for humans is wealth and power.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 10:25AM

Kind of like saying that the US would be better off without the Constitution. Britain is a constitutional monarchy and while it is, the Crown represents the essence of the country, not the person as such, but the entity that is the Crown. JMV.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 03:57PM

You can't even get it right on what motivates humans. But that's not surprising.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 09:33AM

IMO, wealth and power are obtained in the one case, courtesy of the taxpayer; and the other by the tithe payer.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 08:08PM

Eh. Markle is hardly the first woman to marry into the royal family who had to endure slings and arrows (Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson come to mind.) And she and Harry are not the first to decide to dispense with titles for their offspring (Anne, the Princess Royal is a notable example.) I'm not suggesting that it's an easy job, but as a successful working woman of age and means, Markle surely had at least some idea of what she was signing up for.

IMO this is just a desire on both their parts to go their own way. IMO it's been brewing for quite a while, hence the growing distance between Harry and his older brother. I think the situation definitely could have been handled with more finesse.

My thinking is that there may be some merit in the idea given that Harry is not in the direct line of succession. It might also be nice for a royal prince to be based in one of the Commonwealth countries. And if Meghan wants to return to acting, Toronto would be a great base for her.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 07:54AM

And now Harry wants prevent them from doing the same thing to his wife and son. He's trying to protect his family.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/culture/culture-news/a30450912/how-the-british-tabloids-drove-meghan-and-harry-away/

"It is of course the tabloids who are to blame for the Sussexes' decision to take a step back from their royal duties. This is a historic moment of our own making. Late last year, Prince Harry announced he was taking legal action against the tabloids for the “relentless propaganda” about his wife and described the human cost of such bullying treatment. "I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been,” he wrote. “Because in today’s digital age, press fabrications are repurposed as truth across the globe. One day’s coverage is no longer tomorrow’s chip-paper.” In October, Meghan tearfully talked about the media scrutiny that she's faced. "It's not enough to just survive something, right? That's not the point of life," she said. "You've got to thrive, you've got to feel happy. I really tried to adopt this British sensibility of a stiff upper lip. I tried, I really tried. But I think that what that does internally is probably really damaging."

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 12:34PM

I think the point is that despite the trappings of greatness, people want out of both organizations.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 12:36PM

Exactly. And their pretensions to human royalty as if it were something mandated by a god or genetics.

The irony in Mormonism is their holy book decries "king men." Also their holy book saying prophets labor with their own hands for their support.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 07:10PM

well, when you don't pay taxes and brainwash people thinking if they don't pay up they won't be with their family in the afterlife, the money adds up. the Mormon church is very evil in that sense. never mind the lies they spread and the sexual guilt and sexual probing they do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.