Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 12:38PM

A big god looks through her bedroom window
She dances for his dream, not Mormon so far as he seems
Of bigger meaning, melting the prophets
His hair flowing makes her sneeze
And she can see him watching
She's thinking love, love
Love, love
His bigger feet, more sweat the bigger
Bigger more sweat
He's a bigger foot monster
Bigger more sweat
She said I'm older now
I work in SLC, live with mother
But it's different than her dream
God's head fills the room, he lies
He pretends he's not peeping
Is he everything she wanted?
She's thinking love, love
Love, love
Bigger more sweat
Bigger more a monster

"Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God anyhow—three in one, and one in three! It is a curious organization. ‘Father, I pray not for the world, but I pray for them which thou hast given me.’ ‘Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one as we are.’ All are to be crammed into one God, according to sectarianism. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster.― Joseph Smith"
https://giuseppemartinengo.org/50-joseph-smith-jr-quotes/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 09:25AM

Big head Todd and the monsters must be gods.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 10:49AM

To such a god, we must offer a bittersweet surrender.

Date: January 11, 2020 10:52AM

"and I never hear of a man being damned for believing too much"
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/history-1838-1856-volume-f-1-1-may-1844-8-august-1844/109

They might be giants.

I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage
Called the blood of the exploited working class
But they've overcome their shyness
Now they're calling me Your Highness
And a world screams, "Kiss me, Son of God"
I destroyed a bond of friendship and respect
Between the only people left who'd even look me in the eye
Now I laugh and make a fortune
Off the same ones that I tortured
I look like Jesus, so they say
But Mr. Jesus is very far away
Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true
That you love me and I love me
I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage
Called the blood of the exploited working class
But they've overcome their shyness
Now they're calling me Your Highness
Yes a world screams, "Kiss me, Son of God"

Edit: change "the blood of the exploited working class" to "blood of the prophets."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 11:01AM by Elder Berry.

Date: January 11, 2020 10:58AM

Hinckley didn't know that he taught humans become gods in Mormonism but Joseph Smith definitely knew he taught it.

For context the quote is buried here along with Joseph Smith's teaching.

"In the very beginning <​the bible shews​> there is a plurality of Gods beyond the power of refutation. It is a great subject I am dwelling on; the word Eloheim ought to be the plural all the way through— Gods; the heads of the Gods appointed one God for us; and when you take a view of the subject, it sets one free to see all the beauty, holiness, and perfection of the Gods. All I want is to get the simple naked truth, and the whole truth. Many men say there is one God— the Father, the Son, and the Holy ghost, are only one God! I say, that is a strange God any how— three in one, and one in three! it is a curious organization. ‘Father, I pray not for the world, but I pray for them which thou hast given me.’ ‘Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.’ All are to be crammed into one God according to sectarianism; it would make the biggest God in all the world; he would be a wonderful big God; he would be a giant or a monster. I want to read the text to you myself. ‘I am agreed with the Father, and the Father is agreed with me, and we are agreed as one’. The Greek shews that it should be agreed. ‘Father, I pray for them which thou hast given me out of the world, and not for these alone; but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be agreed; as thou, Father, art agreed with me, and I with thee, that they also may be agreed with us’, and all come to dwell in unity, and in all the glory and everlasting burnings of the Gods; and then we shall see as we are seen, and be as our God, and he as his Father. I want to reason a little on this subject; I learned it by translating the papyrus which is now in my house. I learned a testimony concerning Abraham, and he reasoned concerning the God of Heaven; in order to do that said he,— ‘suppose we have two facts, that supposes another fact may exist; two men on the earth, one wiser than the other, would logically shew that another who is wiser than the wisest may exist. Intelligencies exist one above another, so that there is no end to them.’ If Abraham reasoned thus— if Jesus Christ was the son of God, and John discovered that God the Father of Jesus Christ had a Father, you may suppose that he had a Father also. Where was there ever a son without a father? and where was there ever a father without first being a son? Whenever did a tree or anything spring into existence without a progenitor? And every thing comes in this way. Paul says that which is earthly is in the likeness of that which is Heavenly; hence if Jesus had a father, can we not believe that he had a father also? I despise the idea of being scared to death at such doctrine, for the bible is full of it. I want you all to pay particular attention to what I am saying. Jesus [HC 6:476] said that the Father wrought precisely in the same way as his Father had done before <​him​>— as the Father had done before, he laid down his life and took it up same as his Father had done before; he did as he was sent, to lay down his life and take it up again, and then was committed unto him the Keys &c. I know it is good reasoning.
“I have reason to think that the church is being purged; I saw Satan fall from Heaven, and the way they ran was a caution. All these are wonders, and marvelous in our eyes in these last days. So long as men are under the law of God they have no fears— they do not scare themselves.
“I want to stick to my text to shew that when men open their lips against these truths they do not injure me, but injure themselves. To the law and to the testimony; for these principles are poured out all over the scriptures. When things that are of the greatest importance are passed over by weak minded men without even a thought, I want to see truth in all its bearings, and hug it to my bosom."
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/history-1838-1856-volume-f-1-1-may-1844-8-august-1844/109

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.