Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 02:49PM

After you finish reading Don's short story

http://salamandersociety.com/donbagley/

ask yourself, "What if Don had lived in Palmyra, NY and met Joseph Smith at school back then? The outcomes tantalize the mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 05:37PM

hell out of us talking about them in seminary, etc. I have never been around them. They had us convinced, as everyone seems to know, that if we left the church, we would be controlled by stan and that we would worship him. We used to hear stories of teenagers around here killing cats, etc.

Like I said, I've never been around a Ouija board. I still have fear of them. They did a number on me.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 09:55PM

I have seen nothing but pranks associated with the boards. It's a Parker Brothers game.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 05:19PM

Yep. I've admitted here on an earlier occasion that whenever I had the opportunity to play with the game, I moved the planchette. Others claim to have used the thing and insist it none of the participants were moving it and that the planchette moved on its own. Unless they were using it by themselves, they would have no way of knowing whether or not the other participants were moving it. That's probably what some of the people who played it with me also said. I never admitted at the time that I was moving it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 12, 2020 03:00PM

store long ago when I was buying Risk for my brother and I was in shock. That was when I was in high school, in ancient days.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 09:17AM

OK people ! Relax and take a deep breath. It's only a stupid game.
Just like mormonism.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 11:34AM

I must have missed something.... was Bob hustling you, was he suppose to be Satan talking thru the Ouija Board?

Did he ever talk to you at school?

Is there an ending to this tale?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 04:55PM

He never spoke to me before or after this incident. Mormonism had a bad reputation in eastern Pennsylvania. Can you see how the kid was imitating Joe Smith?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.