Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 07:07PM

My brother just sent us siblings this link. It's a small world. No wonder Hinckley sent condolences in a letter to my family when Zola our grandmother died. They were classmates.

https://openbook.lib.utah.edu/on-jons-desk-the-s-book-1928-fast-times-at-lds-college

Strange times were the 20s.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 07:17PM

I'm 62 and none of my classmates have been called into high positions in either religion. I only have over 500 classmates.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 09:52PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:24AM

And interesting how lax on polygamy Hinckley was. There was I think much sympathy for the devils of polygamy when Hinckley was a prophet.

I didn't really know my grandfather well but my father was very charming before his dementia. I heard his father was very charming as well and he was well liked. His son Warren never was from what I heard. He used soft spoken spiritual fear more than persuasion.

I wonder if Rulon and Gordon were ever friends. From what my grandmother told my siblings everyone at LDS High School knew each other well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 11:24AM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.