Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 12, 2020 09:39PM

It's two minutes of bilge water, ladled out by a Black woman with a very White voice...all very inclusive, don'tcha know!

Not once does she mention that the whole thing is bat-shit cra-cra! She does mention covenants but does NOT mention the signs and tokens~~~ They must be too sacred to discuss on the devilnet.

Right under the video is a hotlink, inviting you to click if you want more information. I did so and was given further light and knowledge, which included this sentence:

"Because making covenants with God is such a solemn responsibility, individuals cannot enter the temple to receive their endowments or be sealed in marriage for eternity until they have fully prepared themselves and been members of the Church for at least a year.
   --https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics/temples?lang=eng

Of course, this one-year interval was introduced by Jesus when he was on the Earth, and then reintroduced by Joseph Smith when he established the Temple Franchise Unit of TCOJCOLdS. Everyone knows that!

But one aspect of attending the temple for the first time in order to be married was not covered: it has been found to cause premature birth of babies who weigh pretty much what full-term babies weigh! Miracles!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 12, 2020 10:18PM

elderolddog Wrote:

> But one aspect of attending the temple for the
> first time in order to be married was not covered:
> it has been found to cause premature birth of
> babies who weigh pretty much what full-term babies
> weigh! Miracles!!!

Many of us thought... up until maturity, that is, that the G&A church aka Catholic / Holy Father / Mayor of Vatican City (?) had some sort of copyright or franchise for the phrase Immaculate Conception! Not So!!

This concept also found a place with my now former DW#1, sweet mother of our 9 NINE children...

Immediately after enjoying (?) a few moments of bliss, she invariably said it (coitus) made her feel like SH*T, ... but she never said "NO" before-hand.

Such is Mormonism / ChurchCo, trade (unknown quantity!) of joy-excitement for a lifetime of guilt/shame. Oh Well

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 12, 2020 10:31PM

elderolddog Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> fully prepared themselves and been members of the
> Church for at least a year.

Should be corrected to read: "Fully prepared themselves by paying the church 10% of their income for a year."

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 12:05PM

What that really is the crux of the matter isn't it. Also, she failed to say,

"Temple goers also avoid having their own dead family members held in ransom until the tithing is paid in full..then and only then will you be allowed to be with your loved ones in eternity. Now isn't that nice?"

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 04:24PM

"ladled out by a Black woman with a very White voice...all very inclusive, don'tcha know!"

And how exactly are black woman suppose to sound? Do you want her from the hood or from Mammy's kitchen or something? :^)

Date: January 14, 2020 05:16PM

Yes!

Oh, I can handle it if speaking like a high-class prude is what makes her feel good, but most of us come from someplace, and when the skin color is not Pure White, I expect less than Pure White diction.

Appearances have meaning!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 04:13AM

Sometimes MORmON ASSpostHOLES explain it best ....since it makes them feel so holy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 07:15PM

instead of the 2,915 views. Modern-dayTBM's have no idea to what extent their pet church was born of blood, guts, and gore inside of and outside of the Holy Temple.

Thanks for the reminder just to keep this all in perspective.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 08:48AM

Gee. When I got baptized in 1971, it was taught to me that if you had .000001 drop of black blood, you could never! go to the temple, except if you were Polynesian because they just look black but aren’t really descendants of Cain.

Maybe Nelson uses this ad with African languages dubbed in so He and Wendy can shake down the world’s poorest people.

I just have to shake my head.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:07AM

So the celestial room is a place you can find hope. Now I can't remember the other words. I was so sure if I could just go to the temple and sit in the CR for a bit, I could find some answers to my life. Instead, because of the nit picky old ladies, I never once got to sit down in the CR. I was rushed off. The only reason I went back the whole 3 or 4 more times I went was hoping I could sit in the CR and contemplate my life. Never happened.

I did have time to sit in the foyer and "meditate" for 40 minutes the last time I went and got pulled aside to do sealings to a stranger. I never went back.

The whole video is all a manipulation of the facts.

And that voice really DID NOT sound like it fit the woman speaking.

I didn't listen to the second one. Things like this make me want to scream when I know my daughter is still part of it all.
Both my parents had issues with the temple. My mother never talked about them, only that she didn't want to be the one who went as my chaperone as she was still uneasy in the temple, although she went often enough she shouldn't have been. She had anxiety and the temple brought out anxiety for everyone I knew who went. And my dad told me it was BIZARRE. They got married there at age 19 back in 1952.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 11:08AM by cl2.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 02:15PM

What the church used to want was a small elite group of super-mormons (like seventies and high priests) who regularly attended the temple. For a long time, it was okay to be a member who was "working" on getting himself/herself worthy (prepared) to go to the temple. My parents never attended after being sealed as a family. It was only because I had submitted my missionary papers that they became temple worthy (and she was paying back tithing that was owed.

Date: January 14, 2020 11:23AM

many of them did not get married in the temple. They were sealed in the temple some years later. My parents were the only ones of my dad's siblings who got married in the temple. My aunt and uncle were married at the stake president's house before he shipped off to WWII. He found religion in his 50s and then they were sealed in the temple.

AND it was only as my parents got to be in their 50s and 60s that they started putting emphasis on attending more and so my mother started going with her friends now and then. My dad didn't go back until my sister got married there in 1977. He went to my temple wedding, too, in 1984. He went some when he got older and was going through a what comes after phase and he found religion more than he ever had, but not extreme.

But, you are CORRECT. People didn't go to the temple a lot when I was young. It was not emphasized.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 08:10PM

-swearing

Back when there were 3 quorums in the Melchizedek priesthood, each quorum would report the progress and work that was being made. Now Elders were never really expected to be in the temple work game, but both the Seventies and High Priests were extremely competitive. They would announce their previous month's goals (# of sessions/sealings/initiatories. This went on until for quite some time until the church decided that the seventies would become part of the high priest group.

Forgot to add:

The stake started this giant temple work push in the late 1980s. It was announced in every ph meeting about doing more work. The leaders started BITCHIN' and MOANIN' that members weren't doing enough temple work.

So my Dad felt very brave and asked the stake high councilor about the stats. "How many endowments were completed last month?'

-We don't know. The Oakland Temple is no longer keeping track. It's now the responsibility to keep track of their own stats.

So my Dad countered, "So can each ward set a goal to do so many sessions, etc?"

-No Brother Goop. The church no longer encourages priesthood quorums to set specific goals or quotas to meet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2020 08:23PM by messygoop.

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:57AM

Gotta promote the temples to justify the 100 billion dollar pile of tax free money. It costs a lot to build and maintain temples for when Jesus comes.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 12:45PM

Obviously it doesn't cost much to their 100 billion slush fund.

Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 12:00PM

Talk about reducing the temple to the lowest common denominator. So we can go to the temple to pray. Wow I guess praying in the forest does not get my prayers answered. Uneducated people may not see the flaw in what she said in the video. Sitting in the Celestial room to find Hope. You have to be kidding me.Again a major flaw. Is hope now going to become a new selling selling point for the Church?
Come join the church as we will give you hope.
Who wrote this and who approved this.
I was taught we went to the temple to seek answers to prayers. I was taught we went to the temple to be closer to our Father in Heaven. I was taught that the Celestial Room is a place of peace and comfort.I want my money back as I have been taught incorrect information.
This video is a telling statement of how far the Church is shrinking to try and recruit members. It's designed for low level thinking people in my opinion. I

Date: January 14, 2020 02:33PM

how important it isn't in finding peace and comfort. Your post is exactly right in every way.

They NEVER tell the public what the temple is really like. Even my TBM daughter (after I had told her all about it when she was anti-mormon) found many aspects of it to be bizarre.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 02:45PM

I don't want to go back to the temple unless they reinstate the Five Points of Fellowship, so that I can cuddle the guy behind the curtain.

Date: January 14, 2020 02:56PM

When I brought my BYU bride through the veil that very last time I went through the temple, I was totally set up for the Six Points of Fellowship. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Date: January 18, 2020 01:20PM

NormaRae has a story about the Six Points, but she should tell it if she feels like it. It's funny. I think some veil workers got jollies from it.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 10:16AM

I think my experience (it was the last endowment ceremony I ever did) was because the guy doing the God part was tall and I’m short. I thought it was his knee poking me in the abdomen until I realized his knee was against my leg. Then I was there in that grasp realizing what was the situation was. There was no mistaking it. I was just trying to get through it and go get changed and go home. I was crying and told my (then) hubby about it on the way home and he laughed his head off and said “guess you got a sixth point of fellowship.” I was so mad that he thought it was funny. But the guy was/is the biggest pervert ever.

That was years before the internet or before I could fathom ever being exmo, or even fathom them taking that part out of the god-given ceremony. So years later when I heard someone refer to the six points of fellowship, I felt vindicated. It hadn’t been just me. And between that and ladies who complained about the men trying to feel them up at the veil (especially the large busted ones), it’s pretty obvious why they... oops, I mean why God took it out of the ceremony.

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 01:17AM

Wish I could upvote this! You gave me a good, hearty laugh, Cludgie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2020 01:17AM by contrarymary.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 04:15PM

I, I got your new name, it is hard to recognize gee, I'm so glad
How can a person like me proxy by you?
I, how do I blubber, when were touching for eternity?
Oo-hoo-hoo-oo-oo
Is enough enough?
I felt your sign and it opened up my legs, I felt your the sign
Fellowship is demanding psychically demanding
I felt the sign and it opened up my legs, I felt the sign
Everyone's gonna toga you up to get into their points where you belong
And how you do be-long!
I, behind the pale veil, for so many years I wondered who you are
How could a person like you bring me joy?
Behind the pale veil, where I see a lot of points
Oo-hoo-hoo-oo-oo
Is enough enough?
I saw the sign and it opened up my legs, I felt the sign
Fellowship is demanding psychically demanding
I felt the sign and it opened up my legs, I felt…

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 11:23PM

The church seems to have forgotten to mention the part about the pre-1990 endowment ceremony blood oaths. They're backpedaling real hard and now that the most toxic parts of the primary temple ceremony have been removed, they can be more open about the current ceremonies. They're basically saying 'really, we're not a creepy cult. There's nothing to see here. See how open we are. There was never anything controversial about our temple ceremonies'. Put me in front of any audience and ask me about the mormon endowment ceremony that I went through and there will be a shocked audience. I never tell about the ceremony chronologically. I open by demonstrating the penalties and then discuss the naked parts of the initiatory work, talk about the movie and then end up talking about the locks on the lockers in the temple locker rooms. The whole temple experience is a brainwashing scam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 11:25PM by azsteve.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 10:15AM

The brethren certainly have observed how the Watchtower has denied their 1975 end of the world prophesy. The Watchtower lost nearly a third of its membership immediately after that failed prognostication. The Watchtower now has more active members than the Mormon church. Hiding and denying historical events works as the population who experienced those events age off and new members are totally unaware of what occurred and will, in many cases, believe the lies of their respective corporate leaders.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 06:47PM

I think this video is damage control because there are other temple videos out there. We are not a cult we have no secrets it is sacred. Maybe they will change the temple ceremony again and leave the "give everything for the building up of the kingdom even your own life". Women are not even vailing their faces anymore. Why should I wear a Vail if I can't Vail my face anymore? Kidding I think that is a good change not having to be the women in the circle my Vail their faces.

Date: January 18, 2020 01:19PM

You know, I'm not going to watch it, but I'd bet that it is like the so-called "temple preparation" classes, which don't say anything useful at all about the temple and preparing for it. It's just too damned secret.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.