Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:17AM

I know your question was rhetorical but I think it deserves a response.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2279861,2279873#msg-2279873

I've known a few evangelical people. Where I live we have lots of adherents to "good message" sending. Where I work people stand on corners calling people to Christian repentance.

From what I've gleaned, a damn is just as bad a gay marriage. It is societal acceptance of sin. Cursing is calling upon demons. Invoking "bad karma" is one of the worst things one can do. Many Pentecostals I've heard about and one I know don't see sin in much of a spectrum. One is with God or against God whether they know it or not.

Not adhering to a "saved" status is tantamount to spitting in Jesus' face. One is either ignorant of it (damned in ignorance) or not and really damned.

I once got into an argument with my friend on the spiritual status of Hitler. He claimed that he was beyond saving. I made my case and he agreed that he didn't know if his assertation was correct but believed it with his whole heart. But I won the argument. IT was a highlight for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:25AM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:30AM

And Satan Smiles.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.