Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 11:29PM

January rocks. For me NFL playoffs means fun weekends with friends, wings, and (for past few years) beer. This season has been made extra special by the fact that my wife is a hardcore Niners fan.

I've always admired Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. I followed the Eagles closely last decade, continued following him after he was dropped for Chip Kelly and through his personal tragedies, and (risking my marriage) am rooting for him to finally win a Super Bowl championship.

His story is interesting - a Lutheran, California community college offensive tackle that transferred to BYU in 1978, who converted several years later for his wife.

Any BYU grads who overlapped with his tenure - would love to hear stories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 11:37PM by levantlurker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 12:40PM

No stories but I can add he his loved here in KC. Mormons here love to point out his religious affiliation. My kids heard him a ta fireside a few years ago and thought he was a nice guy.

Posted by: KCANON ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 12:47PM

That is correct. He is loved here in KC. Very humble nice person. After the KC win, I enjoyed watching his cute grand-daughter run into his arms as he scooped her up. He then hugged and kissed his wife (all televised I wasn't there in person). I wish they weren't Mormons, but that's okay...lol. Another Mormon on the team made some excellent plays on Sunday, Scott Sorenson I believe, former cougar.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 02:03PM

"When asked more about their relationship, which spanned to this day—talking weekly on the phone—Reid had a hard time answering the question."

“I talk to him once a week to this day.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/andy-reid-talks-about-passing-of-his-mentor-former-byu-coach-lavell-edw-18364554

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.