Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 03:04PM

"In response to a recent Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, a spokesperson from the Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) confirmed that the agency possesses several top-secret documents and at least one classified video pertaining to the 2004 UFO encounter, Vice reported.

"According to the ONI spokesperson, these documents were either labeled "SECRET" or "TOP SECRET" by the agencies that provided them, and that sharing the information with the public 'would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States.'"

This is what I make of this: The navy has 'evidence' of shenanigans possibly involving things that fly like no other things fly. A segment of the population supposes that extraterrestrials must be involved, which raises the possibility that it's those dang Kolobians again. (I bet they drink that fine Kolobian Coffee!)

Personally I think that some admiral got a little carried away playing with experimental ram-jet unmanned vehicles, and the truth is embarrassing.

But something happened and I'll keep watching 60 Minutes until they tell me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 03:21PM

>> "According to the ONI spokesperson, these documents were either labeled "SECRET" or "TOP SECRET" by the agencies that provided them, and that sharing the information with the public 'would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States.'"

When they change the labels to "SACRED" or "NOT SECRET" we'll know the Kolobians were involved.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 04:03PM

Hah!

Date: January 14, 2020 04:13PM

The government, the church, and the Kolobians.....they all in this thing together.....and maybe the NRA too.

Date: January 14, 2020 04:26PM

And Barry Manilow. He's, well, you know. . .

Date: January 14, 2020 04:47PM

>> And Barry Manilow. He's, well, you know. . .

...Still alive? A shape shifting Kolobian? Do tell, I got's ta know!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 12:16AM

Roy G Biv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >> And Barry Manilow...
> ...Still alive?

Heck, I'm wondering whatever happened to Richard Simmons!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 07:14PM

>And Barry Manilow. He's, well, you know. . .

Barely Manenough?

Date: January 15, 2020 12:17AM

I was thinking more along the lines of "a low-rent Neil Diamond."

Date: January 15, 2020 09:30AM

Now please, enough of this! I deserve a break today.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 04:13PM

Yet they never buzz the Church Office Building.

Date: January 14, 2020 04:26PM

Date: January 14, 2020 04:46PM

I bet they have the DNC server too! And probably the missing 116 pages from the BOM translation!

Date: January 14, 2020 07:22PM

And what was on the 18.5 minute gap on the Nixon tapes?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 12:31PM

Where is Atlantis?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 05:03PM

are Zombies involved?

how about Zoobies?

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 05:54PM

Part of me wishes one version of Christianity was entirely true, and not the Mormon one.

Imagine the scene: After some sort of worldwide cataclysm--volcanoes erupting everywhere, huge earthquake, LA, Jakarta, and Tokyo slide into the sea--a mysterious UFO appears over the Holy Land. Major news organizations from around the world train their cameras as the craft descends on Jerusalem and lands there.

Out steps JC himself, in all his glory.

Then, the first words out of his mouth are, "Blessed are you Presbyterians--PCUSA, everyone, they're the only ones that got it right! You're all coming to heaven with me, and everyone else--well, I hope you have asbestos bathing suits."

The thought of the crow that the Morgbots would have to eat, all the way to the top, makes me smile. Rusty would undoubtedly call a press conference to hem and haw about how ChurchCo was ACTUALLY aligned with the Presbyterians all along, how they never ACTUALLY believed in Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and how they're so happy Jesus came back to set everything straight and take the Mormon-Presbyterians to heaven. Then JC appears in the studio and smites him with a lightning bolt, BOOM, and he's laid out on the floor, stone cold.

I can dream.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 14, 2020 11:03PM

How many of my tax dollars were spent on this bullshit ? I say that ONI needs to pay back the treasury dept.

Date: January 15, 2020 12:14AM

I am happy that ONI is doing this.

Recall that UFO merely means "unidentified flying object," which in many cases means "something our enemies are testing" or in some cases even "something the air force has developed and hasn't told us sailors about." Refusing to monitor UFOs would be dereliction of duty.

Date: January 15, 2020 01:39AM

Yes, we know that "UFO" means unidentified flying object but ONI was looking for illegal aliens from outer space.

Date: January 15, 2020 01:43AM

I don't believe that is the case.

Do you have a source? Because my understanding is that ONI doesn't even use such terminology. They just observe and document everything they can't identify.

ETA: The information definitely stokes the fires of conspiracy theories but that is hardly a reason to shut down otherwise reasonable security analysis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 01:44AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: January 15, 2020 01:55AM

But that research ended in 1969 and hence has no bearing on the material we are discussing now. Right?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 02:22AM

1. Project Blue Book was run by the Air force, not ONI.

2. From the above link
"Project Blue Book had two goals:

To determine if UFOs were a threat to national security, and
To scientifically analyze UFO-related data."

So Dave's link does not support the preposition that "ONI was looking for illegal aliens from outer space."
Maybe they were, but the link provided does not establish that.

Date: January 15, 2020 09:03AM

It's all the same bullshit. Non-scientific witch hunts paid for by tax payers.
It's like in the late 1980s various police departments around the country were holding tax payer funded seminars telling people that covens of satanists were kidnapping and murdering babies for their rituals. That crap got a lot of rubes all riled up.

Date: January 15, 2020 12:22PM

I simply do not believe it would be responsible for a military to refrain from collecting all information available on unidentified objects encountered by military aircraft. I am not a fan of alien stories or alien conspiracies, as you know, but I have seen no evidence that that is what the US air force or navy have been doing at any point in the last fifty years.

Spending money on conspiracy theories is stupid, but refusing to conduct research that bolsters national security merely because it collaterally fuels conspiracy theories is even more myopic.

ETA: Here is a good example, the case we are indirectly discussing, of serious monitoring and research spawning conspiracy theories but remaining serious work. I definitely want the armed forces and intelligence agencies studying this sort of thing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/navy-says-release-files-into-ufo-sightings-would-damage-security-2020-1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 03:40PM by Lot's Wife.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.