Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 02:43PM

This guy wasn't probably even in as good a shape as Mr. Nelson yet he married a 27 year old woman and she had his baby, well, confirmed without a paternity test but I don't doubt that this is possible. Spermiogenesis is a realty for human males throughout their lives.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/1154843

So why didn't Nelson find someone to make babies his prophetic babies with when his first wife died?

Was it his religious asceticism?

"Religious asceticism as a transcendent pathway to heaven has a long history in motivating some men to avoid sexual activity and reproduction.43,44 In Christianity, the idea of being a eunuch “for the Kingdom of Heaven” is found most clearly in Matthew 19:12. (As an aside, Augustine of Hippo [354–430] argued that Christians should will their way to celibacy, rather than take a surgical shortcut to sexual purity. While Augustinian ethics persist within the modern Catholic Church, there have been some Christian groups, most notably the Skoptsy of Russia, who have favored a surgical solution45,46)."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854090/

According to his handbook preventing his fertility is a no no.

"The Church strongly discourages surgical sterilization as an elective form of birth control. Surgical sterilization should be considered only if (1) medical conditions seriously jeopardize life or health or (2) birth defects or serious trauma have rendered a person mentally incompetent and not responsible for his or her actions."
http://www.ldsliving.com/Ask-a-Latter-day-Saint-Therapist-Is-Birth-Control-Against-the-Commandments/s/89844

Why do a group of old men condemn a surgical solution to something that for them is trivial but for older women could be devastating? Risk of problems becoming pregnant in middle age are well known.

And now to the meat of my post. When I visited my family in Utah over the holidays I found out that 4 of my 5 sisters had had hysterectomies. I would never ask. I don't know about my polygamist sister. But everyone knows about my eldest sister.

Apparently the gossip is she has condemned her sister who've kept their ovaries. They weren't smart enough to have it all taken out I guess for her. Her sisters are all just waiting cancer patients to her. And funny, reading the handbook's strongly worded statements on surgical sterilization and knowing that all of my sisters with hysterectomies got them while still fertile makes me think my sisters aren't very faithful right? They should have just endured their conditions since they weren't life threatening to be conforming with their church's directive right?

Strange how Mormonism is run by men who are still having spermiogenesis, run a religion which once was polygamist, continue to condemn surgical sterilization, and yet when widowed don't find making babies all that attractive in their old age?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 02:45PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 03:06PM

Go watch Saturday’s Warrior again.

Date: January 15, 2020 03:38PM

I had to watch it sometimes when I got in trouble and wanted to borrow the car as penance as a teenager.

I've seen it more than I wish I had. But yep, why no GAs like Jimmy's family anymore?

Posted by: CL2 ( )

(or ones I've typed), had them for REAL issues. They can have precancerous issues. They could be anemic. How would you like to have a constant period? That is often the problem.

If they can keep their ovaries, then they don't go through menopause IMMEDIATELY.

It all depends on the doctor, what the patient wants, but many women do need hysterectomies. Luckily, I didn't. My mother and sister did. My younger sister had something called Rollerball. So she kept her ovaries. I don't know if my older sister did.

And I agree that the men need to keep their noses out of the women's business.

Many women I've typed have their uterus so full of fibroids that their uterus is the size of a few months of pregnancy.

Most of my mormon friends and neighbors have had hysterectomies.

Posted by: cricket ( )

Lorenzo Snow ranks 83rd for male with the most children in history (42). The top 10 people with the most children are: Genghis Khan, Moulay Ismail ibn Sharif, Bertold P. Wiesner, Augustus II the Strong, Paul Elden Kingston, King Sobhuza II, "Louis", a Dutch sperm donor, Sultan Ibrahim Njoya, Mohammed Bello Abubakar, Ramesses II.

Snow also wed the 17-year-old Pheobe Woodruff, the daughter of Wilford Woodruff. Snow fathered the child Rhea Lucile Snow at the age of 83 while serving as president of the LDS Church..."

https://www.geni.com/people/Lorenzo-Snow-President-Church-of-Jesus-Christ-of-Latter-Day-Saints/6000000007240404580

C'mon Rusty don't let Lorenzo snow you in the fertility department!

Date: January 15, 2020 03:07PM

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 03:42PM

What's telling there is that 80+ year old Wilford had a 17 year old daughter in the first place. Nasty bastards.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 06:15PM

gross old patriarchs. A quickie would be bad enough but to suffer through the time it took Ol' Lorenzo to complete his celestial climax must have been a total nightmare.

Date: January 15, 2020 06:18PM

IT required The Windows of HEaaveeen.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 10:13PM

“Snow fathered the child Rhea Lucile Snow at the age of 83”

What toddler wouldn’t want a dad who also wears diapers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 10:26PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 04:56PM

You watching?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 05:46PM

Root beer doesn't count.

Date: January 15, 2020 06:04PM

He's just spermiogenesizing.

Date: January 15, 2020 06:09PM

Then I'm definitely not going to watch.

Date: January 15, 2020 06:12PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 11:04AM

but, are all sperm Special?

Date: January 16, 2020 11:17AM

Some are more special than others. Take the sperms of England's royals...

Date: January 16, 2020 01:56PM

No, you take it. I don't want it!

Date: January 16, 2020 03:11PM

IF I did it would be gingerly but I don't think I want to. It'd be too hairy.

Date: January 16, 2020 03:36PM

I think you mean “too Harry.”

Date: January 16, 2020 03:53PM

Maybe but he might be hiding a Prince Edward.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: January 17, 2020 03:00PM

Harry looks like the riding instructor.

Date: January 17, 2020 03:02PM

He does have top dollar sperm. Maybe one of his kids will win the race to the crown.

Date: January 16, 2020 09:41AM

But I either read a book or saw a television program on Rulon Jeffs and one of his young wives. She didn't think there would be any sexual activity between them as she married him when she was really young and he was in his 80s at least. She said that each of the wives had an assigned night they spent with him and she was required to do what it took to pleasure him.

Hysterectomies, tubal ligations, etc., don't fit into the whole lds or flds concept of someone being able to father children at the ripe old age of 94. It just gives the men a "right" to have sex with those women who are fertile. I'm sure most of them preferred that they weren't old ladies in their 40s and 50s.

Date: January 16, 2020 11:19AM

I think can add.

FLDS can't have recreational sex so fathering children well into old age is a thing. My grandfather has many many many children. I one of his hundreds of grandchildren.

Date: January 16, 2020 05:42PM

I wonder what "The Lord" thinks of this?

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/01/16/i-think-its-great-doctors-looking-for-couples-to-test-male-birth-control-gel/

Now Mormon men don't need a surgical solution! I'm sure "The Lord" inspired this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.